cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am freaking out big time!

You may check my purchases and see I bought a camera equipment package for almost $900 with $50 Priority Mail shipping. The package was due 4/2. On 4/5 it has not been received. The tracking number states UNKNOWN DATE OF DELIVERY.  I am a photographer and needed this equipment for a new job starting tomorrow, 4/7. 

I contacted the seller. He stated he decided to ship Ground because Priority Mail ended up being too expensive. I would have gladly paid more for the quicker shipping had he asked. Anyway, he didn’t insure the package. 

If these items are lost or damaged, what are my options?  UNKNOWN DATE OF DELIVERY sounds extremely scary. 

Thanks!!!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I am freaking out big time!

@a-displaced-victorian wrote:

The package was due 4/2. On 4/5 it has not been received.

If the estimated delivery date was 4/2/19, you can go to the Resolution Center (bottom of page) and file an Item Not Received claim.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Okay - but, what about getting my money back. How long should I wait for the package to hopefully appear?  Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@a-displaced-victorian wrote:

Okay - but, what about getting my money back. How long should I wait for the package to hopefully appear?  Thanks!

When you open the Item Not Received Case, the seller will have 3 days to prove delivery with tracking stating "Delivered".

On the fourth day, you can open the case details and "ask eBay to step in" to force the refund.

If you eventually receive the item, you can work with the seller to repay them or return the item.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Also, if you have the tracking number, which should be on the order details page if the seller gave it to you, enter it into the USPS website so you get emails to update you on the progress of the package.  this seems to kick most packages loose if they are stuck somewhere along the line. 

And never buy online if you are working with a deadline.  Anything could happen. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

Also, if you have the tracking number, which should be on the order details page if the seller gave it to you, enter it into the USPS website so you get emails to update you on the progress of the package.  this seems to kick most packages loose if they are stuck somewhere along the line.  

Sorry but it does no such thing. It just sends you a text or email if there is a new scan. That way you get an alert as soon as a scan occurs.

And never buy online if you are working with a deadline.  Anything could happen. 

Definitely agree with that.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

"Sorry but it does no such thing. It just sends you a text or email if there is a new scan. That way you get an alert as soon as a scan occurs."

I had a package disappear, did not get tracked after the acceptance scan at my post office. The first I knew of this was when my buyer contacted me about not receiving it.  I signed us both up for the email notices.  When there weren't any for a couple of days, my postmaster told me they contacted him to let him know that the package never made it into the mail stream after his location and asked him to look for it.  He actually found it, as it was small and had fallen into a small space behind where they keep the outgoing packages.  I'm sure they don't follow up and find all packages, but they did go after this one. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply