cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Need An Explanation Please

I should know what my dashboard means, but I just don't get it.  My tracking uploaded on time and validated is 100% and my late shipment reports say 74 weren't shipped on time.   How did I get 74 that are being reported as not shipped on time?   Are those 74 all of the orders that arrived late?  If anyone can explain I would appreciate it greatly.  

tracking report.PNGtracking report 2.PNG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Click the download button to the right of the 74 to see which orders were affected. Check the tracking on a few of those orders.

If you received an acceptance scan within your stated handling time then this is just a typical system lag where items appear on the report and within a few days to a week they're gone again.

If the acceptance scans occurred after your stated handling time then they are considered late and that's why they're on the report.

I run into this when a substitute carrier doesn't scan on pickup and leaves it to the post office- and if the post office scans at 4:00 am instead of the day I shipped then those packages are considered late.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The measure for tracking uploaded in time and then validated is not sensitive to when your package got that validation scan. Any scan will do -- even the delivery scan.

The measure for on-time shipping is based on when the package gets its first scan. If that first scan is not within your stated handling time then the package is considered to be shipped late.  IIRC there are criteria which can reverse this such as delivery within the estimated delivery dates.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

My tracking uploaded on time and validated is 100% and my late shipment reports say 74 weren't shipped on time.   How did I get 74 that are being reported as not shipped on time?

It is confusing.

"Tracking uploaded on time and validated" does not mean "tracking uploaded on time and validated on time". In other words, it measures whether the tracking was uploaded on time and was later validated, but it does not measure whether it was validated as being on time or not.

"On time shipping" measures only whether it was validated as being on time. It does not care whether it was uploaded on time or not.

This validation measures whether it was scanned within your handling time, delivered within the estimated time, or the buyer says it was delivered on time.

If your handling time was 3 days and the delivery estimate was 20 days, a package that had tracking uploaded on day 1 but did not receive a scan until day 25 would meet "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" but would not meet "On time shipping".

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Click the download button to the right of the 74 to see which orders were affected. Check the tracking on a few of those orders.

If you received an acceptance scan within your stated handling time then this is just a typical system lag where items appear on the report and within a few days to a week they're gone again.

If the acceptance scans occurred after your stated handling time then they are considered late and that's why they're on the report.

I run into this when a substitute carrier doesn't scan on pickup and leaves it to the post office- and if the post office scans at 4:00 am instead of the day I shipped then those packages are considered late.

I did the download.  Although the report says 74 transactions, the down load shows 81.  If I am reading correctly, 4 show as missed scan within handling time.  This is an error, I have the scan receipt and the USPS website shows the first scan within my handling time.  But, those 4 are all I see on the download.  Every other transaction shows N/A.

I always stand in line at the PO, get scans and receipts.tracking download.PNG

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Correction to above post: The download does show 74 transactions.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

My tracking uploaded on time and validated is 100% and my late shipment reports say 74 weren't shipped on time.   How did I get 74 that are being reported as not shipped on time?

It is confusing.

"Tracking uploaded on time and validated" does not mean "tracking uploaded on time and validated on time". In other words, it measures whether the tracking was uploaded on time and was later validated, but it does not measure whether it was validated as being on time or not.

"On time shipping" measures only whether it was validated as being on time. It does not care whether it was uploaded on time or not.

This validation measures whether it was scanned within your handling time, delivered within the estimated time, or the buyer says it was delivered on time.

If your handling time was 3 days and the delivery estimate was 20 days, a package that had tracking uploaded on day 1 but did not receive a scan until day 25 would meet "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" but would not meet "On time shipping".

Yes it is confusing and yes I am confused.  I have never had my dash board look like this before.  My handling time during this period was 1 day or 2 days.  I packed up every order, stood in line at the PO within my handling time and received the first scan and a receipt.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Just a quick follow up on this.  I asked about this in Chat today and was referred to CS.  I used the call back option and the CSR told me that the transactions erroneously reported would be removed from my dashboard.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

Thank you!  That certainly is better to look at that my dashboard 😀

Message 10 of 10
latest reply