cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How you printing labels with this new eBay shipping ?

Since the new eBay shipping site was forced upon us I lost the ability to directly print on my two label standard paper I done for years. We  ( and our buyers) also lost USPS flat rate and regional rate shipping.

Anyways I did a ton of Googling the forums including many eBay ones for some time now . No one has a solution.  So since they only print vertically (and to the left) now not horizontally. I have to print them out one by one on regular paper then copy horizontally them on my scanner / printer directly to my labels.  I so tried of wasting extra ink, paper and time.

No one seems to have a real solution. I tried with my PDF programs which no luck and to also change the orientation on my printers settings (landscape and portrait) with no luck.

eBay needs to help the sellers not take away thier tools and fuctions they depend on. Keep it simple.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Do not change the orientation on your printer control panel - that does nothing.

HOWEVER when you go to print with PDF hold down the CTRL key and tap the letter P.  You will then see a series of prompts on the right side of the page. One of the prompts will says either "portrait" or "landscape". Whichever it says change it to the other one. Then hit enter.

I print all my labels on the new program using the 8 1/2 x 11 two labels per page.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I have always preferred using PayPal to print my labels. Switched some years ago during a eBay glitch and have never gone back.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Use pirateship.com. They are pretty much flawless. Also import data from ebay and post back the tracking numbers. If you sell internationally, you can save ca 30% vs ebay or stamps.com (you need to contact them to sign up for the international 1st class package reduced rates)

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Neither of the  above 2 answers deals with the problem the OP is having.. Both Paypal and Pirateship use the PDF format for printing labels. But eBay and Paypal use a different orientation than Pirateship.

So either way. if the orientation is wrong, you have to use the CTRL/P key combo to get the correct orientation.

Parenthetically I do not have any problems with the eBay label printer. I use it regularly for many labels although on SOME labels (not all) Pirateship is cheaper than eBay, and Paypal is always more expensive then eBay on all Priority Mail. Both eBay and Pirateship are the same price on First Class Mail.

Then again I am a TRS+ so I do get an extra discount from eBay.  I realize that not everyone gets the extra so your results may vary..

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

CTRL/P key just is a Window shortcut to print. Doesn;t change the direction of the label. As stated I already tired "portrait" or "landscape" print.
"also change the orientation on my printers settings (landscape and portrait) with no luck."

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

You didn't lose any abilities regarding different types of shipments available. There is blue text at the bottom of the 3 ways to ship originally shown, just push the 'show more' letters right below them. For flat rate, at the top where it says 'your packaging' or 'shipping co. packaging'- click the 'shipping co. packaging (paraphrasing, can't remember the verbiage used- but they are obvious)

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

carrier.JPG

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Also, there's a small box under the Orders Details box on the left side of the screen - it will have whatever your size setting is (for example, I have 4 x 6" there), "change" and "preview" - go into "change" and see what you can do there.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

In the old print labels I could make the label  75% or 50% of the size . It was useful on small boxes or if you needed just a little less weight. I can't do that in the new label program. 

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I am only getting the new pop-up (pdf?) box for the labels when using chrome. 

I have not been able to find a place to change the orientation anywhere.    

Message 11 of 11
latest reply