cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take a refund

Hi to ebay community . 

I bought a phone   from a seller where it was new and sealed. I asked him to tell me if it is unlocked and he said yes.. So it came in its box but it was sim locked. He told me that he will fix it but after 5 days nothing changed.   Today I opened a case for refund on ebay . So should I open a case to PayPal too ? Or I have to wait the case from ebay?? Thank you 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to take a refund

You need to wait. Why would you file a case with PayPal anyway? Ebays instructions were clear when opened one with them. Wait for the seller to respond and ask them to step in and help if you can’t work things out with the seller. Filing with PayPal while you have a case open makes it look like you are trying to double dip and collect a refund twice. So don’t go to paypal, it’s not necessary. You need to be patient and follow the procedure, nothing is instantaneous. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Wait.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You need to wait. Why would you file a case with PayPal anyway? Ebays instructions were clear when opened one with them. Wait for the seller to respond and ask them to step in and help if you can’t work things out with the seller. Filing with PayPal while you have a case open makes it look like you are trying to double dip and collect a refund twice. So don’t go to paypal, it’s not necessary. You need to be patient and follow the procedure, nothing is instantaneous. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your answers. Because I didn't know, this is the reason where I opened this topic. Thanks again 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I am experiencing this same problem.

I hope yours was resolved. My seller just responded with "All sales are Final", so I filed a claim with eBay, I'm hoping for a full refund. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply