cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify "Free Shipping" without number of days to deliver

Disclaimer - I posted this as part of a thread on another forum (which I found by searching for my topic, didn't realize the search results had included threads from different forums ... so my query ended up in the New Sellers Forum and on a Solved thread). Duplicating here because I think my problem  may in fact be different, plus a solved thread may not get more replies).  There,  the solution was to change "shipping policy" somewhere, but I don't know where.  
Anyway, here's my issue:

I have an active listing that I want to show simply "Free Shipping", as it is an item that will be delivered via email. I do think I've poked at every shipping option on the listing form (including revising the listing after I put it up) -- found nothing that says just "Free Listing" as shown on similar listings.  Best I've come up with is to select First Class  and also "same business day shipping" and then the listing says "Free 3 Day Shipping".

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My only thought would be to maybe select Freight as the shipping method because I don't think it's specifies any delivery date for that but I could be wrong.

Also keep in mind you are breaking ebays policies by selling what you are. There is a specific category you're supposed to post in if you're not approved to sell what you're selling.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/digitally-delivered-goods-policy?id=4...

Screenshot_20230226_124359_Samsung Internet.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

When you select free shipping ebay may automatically add on 'free shipping in 3/4 days' statement depending on where the buyer is.  The seller does not have the option to change that.  Keep in mind that unless you change your location, you are seeing the estimated delivery time to your location on

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you pjcdn2005 - I appreciate your input. However, I can see that other people's listings for similar item DO show just the "Free Shipping" without the number of days. I am trying to figure out how to do the same thing.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

My only thought would be to maybe select Freight as the shipping method because I don't think it's specifies any delivery date for that but I could be wrong.

Also keep in mind you are breaking ebays policies by selling what you are. There is a specific category you're supposed to post in if you're not approved to sell what you're selling.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/digitally-delivered-goods-policy?id=4...

Screenshot_20230226_124359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Wow - I didn't know that!  Thank you

I suppose my item could be considered a Ticket - will look to see what category others like mine are listed in (I think I just "listed similar" from an existing listing)
edit: just checked - all 69 other same items are listed in same category "Other Travel" (but I realize that doesn't mean it's correct)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

OP states item is to be delivered via email.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I'm thinking this is no longer a "need to know" - perhaps the problem is totally related to the specific, e-mailed item, which sapphire_studio has pointed out has some restrictions (which I did not know about). I don't plan to ever be selling anything again that would be emailed.
I do appreciate those who took the time to read and those who replied.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I hadn't thought of this earlier but rather than state that you are using usps first class, choose the generic 'standard shipping'.  I don't know if that will work or not.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thanks, pjcdn2005 - I did try that.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply