cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle buyer who damaged item upon reciving?

so they email me this:

hi, i received this tightly packed tiny package, shook it down and cut across the top. It was packed in so tightly that the scissors cut two slivers of cloth from the front of the shirt. thanks.

It was not that thigh and you dont cut a plastic package with clothing in it! What should I do now?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How to handle buyer who damaged item upon reciving?

Was it in a poly mailer? I have to cut those as it is next to impossible for me to rip them open......same with padded flat rate mailers. I'd ask for a picture and if the item is indeed damaged, I'd probably just refund. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Assuming that the buyer used eBay messaging to tell you that, it might depend upon your return policy if you are required to accept the return.  If buyer files a SNAD you will probably need to accept it and send a return label.  However, if that is the case I would report the buyer for abusing the MBG using the buyer's message to support your report.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@ellchadan 

Nothing stops the buyer from leaving negative feedback. If the item isn't much, I would just ask for photo then refund.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Refund and learn not to pack so tightly
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

how do you refund? I've been looking all over and can't find the button!
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ask the buyer to open a case in the resolution center

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I have to cut poly mailers too. And I'm no wimp, I deliver mail and lug heavy packages, just by the end of the day my hands have had it, dry and sore. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You can send a refund through PayPal if you don't want the buyer to open a case. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I wrap my fabric items in tissue paper, taped like a package. If random pieces of the clothing are not sliding around in the package it’s easier to open it safely.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply