cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a return work if they sent you the wrong item?

I want the item I paid for not a refund and I don't understand why I am having to pay for shipping if it's the sellers mistake?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How does a return work if they sent you the wrong item?

@squeak_ftw wrote:

I messaged the seller first about what the situation was but they told me to submit a return request.  I got an e-mail saying 

Please print the shipping label and send the item back to the seller by Apr 02, 2019, to receive your refund.

I guess the shipping was free when I bought it but I don't see why I should have to pay to send it back . I would sooner keep it and throw it out since it's not worth a trip to the post office.  I see that the seller still has the item he sent me listed so I assume he still has the item I bought and just grabbed the wrong thing. 

If you're having to pay for the return, sounds like you opened the type of claim.

Sounds like you opened a regular return and it should have been an Item Not As Described.

When a buyer sends the wrong item, it considered an INAD and seller is responsible for providing the return shipping.

If the package will fit in your mail box, you can stick it in there and have your mail carrier pick it up.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@squeak_ftw wrote:

I want the item I paid for not a refund and I don't understand why I am having to pay for shipping if it's the sellers mistake?

Have you filed a claim yet, or just working with the buyer?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I messaged the seller first about what the situation was but they told me to submit a return request.  I got an e-mail saying 

Please print the shipping label and send the item back to the seller by Apr 02, 2019, to receive your refund.

I guess the shipping was free when I bought it but I don't see why I should have to pay to send it back . I would sooner keep it and throw it out since it's not worth a trip to the post office.  I see that the seller still has the item he sent me listed so I assume he still has the item I bought and just grabbed the wrong thing. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@squeak_ftw 

Who pays shipping for the return is determined by the reason chosen.

What reason was selected?

Does it say you will be charged for the label?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@squeak_ftw wrote:

If you're having to pay for the return, sounds like you opened the type of claim.

Sounds like you opened a regular return and it should have been an Item Not As Described.

When a buyer sends the wrong item, it considered an INAD and seller is responsible for providing the return shipping.

If the package will fit in your mail box, you can stick it in there and have your mail carrier pick it up.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes the e-mail says I have to pay for the shipping label 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I got the same thing with an item listed for the wrong product.

I contacted ebay and got the label but was charged over 8 bucks.

Will I get my money back for shipping once the seller has the item back?

Pretty sure I opened it as Item Not As Described.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply