cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get ebay to issue a shipping label with correct price when seller lied about shipping price

Working on a return request for an item that not only is defective but which came postage due.  I paid the shipping price in the ad when I bought the item, but the sender/seller lied on the shipping label about the weight of the item so I had to pay 4 1/2 times the original shipping amount when it arrived.  (Seller must have then dropped the package at some place where it would get processed and sent without her being there as it never would have passed muster if she had taken it in person to a post office clerk.) As it was a Mac laptop I did not want to have to go through the hassle of declining delivery and then having to work out a new delivery, etc, with seller.  Unfortunately that was before I realized just how badly I'd been swindled.  The laptop does not power on.  So I have a return request in, have not heard back from seller, and despite the fact the item arrived on Feb 12,  2021, since the last "due by" delivery date would have been Feb 17, 2021, ebay won't "step in" to help until Feb 20.     -----      HERE'S THE REAL ISSUE I HAVE WITH EBAY:  Since they are no longer taking phone calls at all, when they issue a return label to send it back they're certain to issue one for the shipping price shown in the original ad, and nowhere near the actual cost of shipping/returning.  HOW DO I GET THEM TO AUTHORIZE A CORRECTLY PRICED SHIPPING LABEL? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do I get ebay to issue a shipping label with correct price when seller lied about shipping price

HOW DO I GET THEM TO AUTHORIZE A CORRECTLY PRICED SHIPPING LABEL? 

@maxwinter2001 

^^^ This is not your worry. The label that eBay issues through the Return will get the laptop back to the seller.

I'm sorry this happened to you... and sorry that you paid the postage due (especially for a non-working item), because that money is lost. Don't communicate with the seller anymore outside of the case. Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply