cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Shipping Policies

I need suggestions to the problems with my shipping policies. I just created new "Shipping Policies" for this year 2020, which I thought would fix the issue of the policies not showing up correctly on my "Listings" and "Customer's Invoices". The "Shipping Policies" are simple so the customer has a choice(s) to pick from them that best fits their needs.

Shipping Policies are as follows: 

(2020) #1 "USPS Calc": 1st Class / PadEnv / Priority / M-Box

(2020) #2 "USPS Calc": 1st Class / Priority / Med. Flat Rate Box

(2020) #3 "USPS Calc": Parcel Select / PadEnv / Priority / M-Box

(2020) #4 "USPS Calc": Parcel Select / Priority Mail / M-Box

On any of my listings and you go "Shipping and Payments" tab next to "Description" this is what you see

(only 1 choice)  Example: Ebay Listing#223453004572  I selected for this item Shipping Policy #1

Shipping and handling

Save on shipping. This seller offers shipping discounts on combined purchases for eligible items.

Item location:  New Jersey, United States

Shipping to: United States   

Shipping and handling                             To                                                               Service                   

US $6.69                                 United States          Standard Shipping (USPS First Class Package®)

Delivery

Guaranteed by Mon. Jan. 27 

Also, when I have to send an "Invoice" to a customer, the same thing happens. Only (1) choice shows up, although I can add more shipping types. At that point, I have to calculate myself what the cost would be.

I'm not sure exactly when this problem started but it was sometime last year. I have deleted the old shipping policies, all my listing have the new policies, contacted Ebay and it has been awhile with no fix from them. Still waiting on their response back.

Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions???

Thank you in advance for your consideration with this issue...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help with Shipping Policies

eBay has decided not to show all of the options that a seller has set up.   This is a deliberate policy, which eBay justifies by saying that too many options will confuse buyers.  They will simply refuse to show a service that is more expensive if it is not also faster.

Examples include nearby buyers being shows only First Class package, whereas farther buyers will be shown both First Class and Priority because for their location Priority is faster (in eBay's estimation). When I look at the shipping section for your item 223453004572, I see both First Class and Priority options.

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 11.11.43 AM.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay has decided not to show all of the options that a seller has set up.   This is a deliberate policy, which eBay justifies by saying that too many options will confuse buyers.  They will simply refuse to show a service that is more expensive if it is not also faster.

Examples include nearby buyers being shows only First Class package, whereas farther buyers will be shown both First Class and Priority because for their location Priority is faster (in eBay's estimation). When I look at the shipping section for your item 223453004572, I see both First Class and Priority options.

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 11.11.43 AM.png

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The way that I understand it, buyers will be able to see the various options when they go to checkout.  But if you send an invoice, that basically makes the invoice static and if the buyer changes their address after you send an invoice, the calculated shipping won't change. I don't know why you don't see the various options when you go to send the invoice but I wouldn't recommend sending one unless you need to send one for combined shipping. It's best to let them pay through the listing or their purchase history.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for your response. I found out that if a customer clicks on a Ebay link from outside Ebay then Ebay sends a message to the Seller to send an invoice.

But, the shipping charge selection by Seller not being there could probably be the same reason "as stated above" by Re: Help with Shipping Policies in regards to Ebay not showing more expensive shipping.

In my case now I have to change my Shipping description on every listing. (We offer you multiple USPS domestic shipping options for each item you select. You may choose which preference that will fit your circumstances.)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply