cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Customer Mail Was On Hold For Trip But Package Is Coming Back To Me!

I noticed through checking on tracking that a customer's package is coming BACK to me. The customer was on vacation and claims they had their mail held with the USPS. How do I get it back to the customer without any further cost?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Help! Customer Mail Was On Hold For Trip But Package Is Coming Back To Me!

I would take it to the post office and have them redeliver without charge, IF the customer had a hold order. They should be able to pull the info up.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Help! Customer Mail Was On Hold For Trip But Package Is Coming Back To Me!

Thankfully, I was able to contact the customer who had gotten back from their trip early. They told me they had placed a hold on their mail through USPS. The USPS website information states that a mail hold includes packages.

The wayward package was returned to me today so I was able to take it in to my local post office. They just changed the label to show it needed to go back to the customer and removed the other post office's "return to sender" label. I was told the original tracking number is still good and that it will continue to show updates on its new journey back to the customer's address. Keeping my fingers crossed.

P.S. There was no extra charge since the customer had placed a hold on their mail.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply