cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever seen a 34 digit tracking number?

Recently bought a scooter and this is a big USPS tracking number. Hasn't updated in 4 days and is shipping from Sri Lanka to US. I've read that Fedex collaborates with USPS but I can't get updates on this tracking anywhere. Service code is 4202.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Have you ever seen a 34 digit tracking number?

@lucia2512 

Don't wait - reach out to eBay on social media and explain the details.

A seller can not shut down their own account while they are stilll active so it suggests eBay has shut them down and this speaks volumes. Reps should be abel to speed up the INR process for you.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness  http://www.twitter.com/askebay

Send a private message.  Include your user ID, email address, phone number, and a brief

message. 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 31 of 35
latest reply

The estimated delivery is June 7 - August 2 economy shipping from Beijing.

@lucia2512 

Sorry... I'm late back to this party. As @soh.maryl noted, the earliest you could start an Item Not Received claim is 8/3.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

They're working on it. His account has been frozen by Ebay.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@818rpm wrote:

Yes...just within the past week or so...for a cat tunnel I ordered online (not from eBay).   Tracking indicates USPS all the way....from Carson CA to NJ and now in VA...closer and closer, heading in the right direction...should receive it this week.

But it's the only 34-digit tracking # I've ever seen...lol

A new Fed Ex tracking # is also 34 digits long, but only the last 12 digits are needed for tracking. There is another code embedded in the tracking # that tells what service it's for. USPS also uses 34 digit tracking #'s in certain instances and software.

They are a pain to encode if you create your own labels as in a wholesale environment, instead of using one generated by any shipping software one at a time. Especially if you have 400 cartons going to 400 stores Fed Ex ground.

Update. The package arrived today, a small pack of plastic pieces as others reported. Also I have no idea who Dudala Seop is.

EBC501EB-7E94-4663-9695-A5F8825C2E2B.jpeg

I’ll be filing INAD for a refund with this unedited picture by the end of the day. What a huge waste of time.

Thank you all for your advice and following this post to the end. 

Message 35 of 35
latest reply