cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever seen a 34 digit tracking number?

Recently bought a scooter and this is a big USPS tracking number. Hasn't updated in 4 days and is shipping from Sri Lanka to US. I've read that Fedex collaborates with USPS but I can't get updates on this tracking anywhere. Service code is 4202.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Have you ever seen a 34 digit tracking number?

The USPS doesn't ship from Sri Lanka. Have you asked the seller what actual courier that they used for the shipment? Please keep in mind that international shipping can be extremely slow. That is the risk that you must accept if you order from an overseas seller. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Really a full-sized scooter? Was it free shipping from Sri Lanka?  

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

There are some sites on the new that work with many tracking numbers. You could try some of them. However, I don't like the sound of this. I hope you paid by credit card for the added protection.  You do know it would cost a dang lot to ship that from their country ?

Be ready to file an item not received case as soon as you can. If your "seller" gets removed from eBay you can file right away.  I suspect you will be filing such a case.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

It's an e-scooter

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Yeah their profile is very inconsistent. Shipping description from China, seller location in Sri Lanka. I'm guessing now they do some kind of dropshipping.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Try a site like ship24.com they can track shipments from like 170+ carriers. Doubt it's USPS though some carriers may transfer to USPS for last mile.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Is it coming from Sri Lanka or drop shipping from China? You might also want to read the Money Back that is shown on most all pages, if you haven't.  What item/listing number? 

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

I hope it's not a scam. I did find a reddit post that explains the service code. '420' means "send to" followed by the zipcode, and that tracking format lines up with my tracking number. Maybe it's just dropshipping from China.

https://www.reddit.com/r/USPS/comments/me3z7b/420_code/

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

As a seller when I have tracking for an item going to another country the tracking usually doesn't show up until it is inside that country. I think the tracking might not show up until it is physically in the USA.

I had to look up what an e-scooter is and they sell them in San Francisco by the way.

Sir Lanka is going through a lot right now in that country. You might want to check the news on that country.

Hopefully, it was mailed to you. If it comes from China I don't think much is coming out of China from the lock down. You might be waiting a long time.

Paying by credit card gives you a number of months if you need to get your money back. 

How long should you wait? Perhaps some of others here can tell you about that.

Getting your money back from eBay vs. your banking institution is two different time frames.

Hopefully item is being mailed.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

I believe it's being shipped from China like it said in the description. The item number is 203950334818

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Just did a search of that number, can't be found. Go back and check the seller to see if they are still registered. 

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Have you ever seen a 34 digit tracking number?

@lucia2512 

I don't know that I've ever heard from anyone buying from a Sri Lankan seller... but I digress. I'm with @redmodelt ^^^.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

It's still up. This is the seller

https://www.ebay.com/usr/sadun023

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

How long do you think I should wait for a shipping update? I placed the order on May 14th

Message 15 of 35
latest reply