cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has global shipping changed recently?

I have been using global shipping for over a year, and it has always been the same. I ship to an eBay hub and they handle the rest. I've shipped to Canada, Japan, Europe and the UK. But now someone from Australia bought something, and it says it's going directly to the buyers address. And I have to fill in a customs form with a bunch of stuff I don't understand. Is this b/c it's Australia? And also I can't get the "purchase shipping label" button to activate. 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Has global shipping changed recently?

I suspect the op selected the international shipping option by accident thinking it was gsp.  Many sellers have made this mistake.  The buyer is in no way responsible for this and the item should be shipped to them.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@stackers_xag 

Intl isn’t right for everyone, but, for many of us, there are no real issues.  I’m at over 25% international sales - fantastic buyers.  I only use GSP, which makes everything much easier.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

There is definitely something going on with GSP. They have removed the service for many categories and many countries. I had the same issue going to Australia this week. I would guess the COVID and high costs with less travel has something to do with it. It may also be why Ebay wants us to use International Shipping form them....maybe they do not intend to renew the contract with Pitney Bowes and are preparing for it....

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@pcobra93 

Thumbs up! You get it.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Back to @quixoticpony  the OP. Do not ship direct to international address! Just saying. "cancel due to problem with buyers address" Trying to save you some $

Best wishes!

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

Back to @quixoticpony  the OP. Do not ship direct to international address! Just saying. "cancel due to problem with buyers address" Trying to save you some $

Best wishes!

Except there is not a problem with the buyers address...the buyer paid according to the listing    address is good.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 21 of 29
latest reply

I have no idea why there is a problem with the purchase label button but you would have to purchase the label on ebay for that service.  The buyer has paid right?    I don't use .com for printing labels so I'm not familiar with the customs forms but on .ca, any information in the listing needed on the customs form is just transferred over automatically.   Even if it isn't, all you  should need is the item , cost, place of manufacture and perhaps a few other things.

I don't know why that listing isn't showing the gsp but I did just check all of your current listings and they all appear to be set up with the gsp when I set my location as the UK. However, there are some listings (mostly jean listings) that show you are using ebay standard international shipping for locations that the gsp doesn't ship to and some of those listings also show ebay standard to Australia.

Perhaps someone here who uses the gsp can tell you how to block all countries that don't use the gsp?

It's obviously your decision whether or not to cancel this sale but you do need to make sure that your other listings are set up the way you want them to be.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

@pcobra93 wrote:

There is definitely something going on with GSP. They have removed the service for many categories and many countries. I had the same issue going to Australia this week. I would guess the COVID and high costs with less travel has something to do with it. It may also be why Ebay wants us to use International Shipping form them....maybe they do not intend to renew the contract with Pitney Bowes and are preparing for it....

The majority of the seller's listing show that they use the gsp to Australia so your theory doesn't seem to pan out.  More than likely the international standard option got put on one listing by mistake and then when sell similar was used, that setting got carried over to other listings.

However, I've also noticed other sellers listings being dropped from the gsp but in those cases, there wasn't an alternative listed so this situation is different.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

So I had the item to Australia as an auction....no GSP shipping option available. I relisted it as it did not sell as a Buy It Now....and boom....GSP is now an option. Now I am really confused on it.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

@pcobra93 

eBay has determined that certain categories are problematic for export.  So, disallowed - that doesn’t signify a directive to cancel the entire program.  eBay makes too much with this program, and there are a lot of sellers that won’t ship without it.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

I just shipped something from the US to Australia myself and it went through Global Shipping. Was no other steps besides the normal ones...no customs or anything. Maybe you didn't have your shipping options set correctly? 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

I am having the same issue with a package to England. Why did they change the methods? Seems illogical to fix something if it wasn't broken. I guess I just cannot sell internationally anymore.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@albumsforus 

The thread you are replying to is over a year old so the problem that those posters were having is different than the one you are having.  Your listings show that you are now in the ebay international shipping program which is replacing the gsp.  It was announced in the fall seller update. You might want to read about it before you opt out.    https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2022-fall/shipping

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I saw the info was old, but I've never had any issues until this past week when an item couldn't be shipped to Great Britain. Seems odd. I'll read more about it.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply