cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had a buyer use an international shipper other than GSP and then request a return?

I have a situation in which I sent an item to a US address and the next thing I know, an international buyer files a not as described (broken) claim with Paypal when it reaches his residence and requests a return.    Paypal has essentially told me that if he returns the item, they will refund the cost.  My problem is that the item had to have been repackaged at the US address and a customs form attached to the shipment (well at least I have to do those) and the buyers agent (not GSP) should have noted the problems with the item.  Paypal is treating this as if the international leg of the shipment was my responsibility.  For some reason, I thought my responsibility ended with delivery at the US address.

Has anyone delt with this?  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Has anyone had a buyer use an international shipper other than GSP and then request a return?

Not covered
Items shipped to another address after original delivery.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#conditions1

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Has anyone had a buyer use an international shipper other than GSP and then request a return?

@hafoster wrote:

Not covered
Items shipped to another address after original delivery.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#conditions1

That's with eBay.  The op says the buyer filed with PayPal.   They will have to refund with PayPal but the buyer will have to return with tracking to the op at their own expense 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@caking1960

As noted above, ebay says your responsibility ends once the item is delivered to a reshipper. But, again, PayPal doesn't have that blurb in their buyer protection.  So go ahead and accept the return.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

These responses are not a lot of help.   Paypal forced a return from the international even though the item was sent to a US destination.  It took nearly a month to return.  I did get paypal to place a deadline on buyer uploading the tracking number.  So the day before the deadline, a tracking number is posted.  A week later I called paypal and said it hasnt moved.  I followed up every day for the next week and explained it hasnt moved.  I further explained that the buyer was scamming me by having the reshipper generate the tracking number even though he didnt have the item.  Paypal eventually released my money back to me.

What burns me about this situation is that the Buyer added an international leg to my item's destination and paypal held me responsible for what happened on that leg.  They ignored all of the evidence that the item was damaged in the international portion of the transit.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Reshippers do not necessarily repackage items sent to them.  When they fill out the customs form it is based on the information that the buyer has given them.  So there is no way of proving when an item was damaged but I suspect that in this case, it wasn’t damaged at all.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply