cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program - what the !!!!

Trying to make sense of the messages / tracking information sent to me by eBay.

item is coming from US to Australia.

20 Dec 10.29am “your item has arrived at GSP”

20 Dec 10.29am “your item is almost there, it is out for delivery” - teleported perhaps?

21 Dec 2.21am “your item is on its way” 

21 Dec 2.29am “unable to deliver - parcel scan removed from container”.

so.........

it went from arriving at Erlanger KY to being in Australia and on it’s way to me in less than 60 seconds? Then the next day it’s on it’s way and then 8 minutes later it is unable to deliver.

any ideas ........

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Global Shipping Program - what the !!!!

20 Dec 10.29am “your item has arrived at GSP”

20 Dec 10.29am “your item is almost there, it is out for delivery” - teleported perhaps?

No, I believe it arrived and a second immediate scan was a mistake. The next scan you get after it arrives is one letting you know it's left GSP and going into the International Mail.  Then you would get another tracking number.

"Your item is on the way" shows it left the GSP Center and is thrown into the container for International Mail.  But wait-----it's removed from the container 8 minutes later means it was flagged.  Maybe the package was torn, or flattened, or weighed more than the label weight. Something made it undeliverable.  Go to eBay and let them know it's GSP where they're responsible for not received items.  The seller's job was done when it showed delivered to GSP.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. I’m certainly not blaming the seller but I’m gutted the item won’t reach me now. It was beautiful, a one off. Sad. Do I have to wait until it’s past due on it’s delivery date to lodge a INR? Cheers

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I hate to say it, but with GSP orders you might want to call eBay CS. The seller won't be able to tell you much since they are only responsible for getting it to the GSP processing facility. A good portion of the people who offer GSP on their listings don't know how international shipping works. Depending on how long it has been I would save the INR case as a backup personally. I am not familiar with how long you have to open up an INR case though.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If the issue (whatever it was) is resolved and the parcel is again on track to Oz, look out for a new tracking number which hopefully will  be from from APG (Australia Post Global) or Australia Post. 

AP has taken over handling GSP parcels (US and UK) once they have cleared US/UK customs and are on their way to Oz.

No more Fedex....and delivery time has improved markedly. 

Mind you, it's about **bleep** time it did!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply