cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Issues ( Ebay Motors, Parts and Accessories )

Hello I am reaching out to the community here. I cannot seem to get any strait answers from Ebay to help resolve my issue. 

My issue is with my products simply being offered on the GSP program. It seems all of my listings are only being offered to US and CA. Not any of the other locations offered through GSP. I noticed that my listings were set up as "letter" for thier packaging regardless of how they were listed to ship IE: w/ UPS or USPS and the box assoaciated with that shipment. I fixed that and now they are listed as "packages" and it is still not offering any other locations to ship other than CA outsid the US. I called Ebay again and they noticed that all of my packages were not set up with actual dimensions and only with the weight of the package. So I fixed this and updated the listings with dimensions and weights and still no resolve. I have been toying with and testing this on only a few of my listings and cannot figure out why I am still having issues. Most all of my listings are in the EBAY MOTORS" section which I know is restricted but I sell "Parts and Accesories" in the "Motors" section which is supposed to be the only unrestricted catagory they can be listed in. Everything I have tried has failed and I get ton of emails requesting shipping quotes outside the US and I feel that I am losing sales because I cannot figure this out. I mean how many of my customers have simply moved on to another seller to purchase and ship from them with a "OneClick" purchase and they are done. I think that the GSP program has great rates for the customers and I would live to use it if I can. I feel the only other option is to OPT out. I am hoping that someone out there can lend a hand. We are car guys here not computer guys and are doing our best. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Your item 151883449633 does show shipping to other gsp countries so perhaps you can figure out the problem if you look at the shipping section on that listing and compare it to the shipping set up in other listings.    Do you have exclusions in the other listings?
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

That part is listed outside the Ebay motors, it is listed in the "Business Industrial" Catagory. 

I dont have any issues shipping out of that catagory. If you look at item #161851111387 it is set up with the exact same shipping policy and will not ship outside the US or Canada just like the rest of my listings in that catagory. As I mentioned in the post it states that "Parts and Accessories" can be shipped using the global program.  

• eBay Motors > Vehicles (Note: Parts & Accessories are supported by the Global Shipping Program

I apprecaite any help anyone can give me in this matter. Thanks for looking. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Some of your parts and accessories listings do have global shipping to other locations. If you aren't sure which ones those are you can go to your listings and sort by shipping lowest to highest so that the location bar shows. Specify ebay motors, parts and accessories then change your location to the United Kingdom, click on go and then refresh the page. You should see shipping charges for the UK. It looks like there are approximately 20 listings.

I'm in Canada and don't use the gsp so can't be of much help. but since the other part and accessories listings aren't showing gsp shipping, perhaps the gsp does not allow shipping for  those items or there is something different you are doing on those listings.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ill look a little deeper. I may just need to take on the responsibilies for shipping myself as I cannot seem to find anything that can tell me which can and cannot. I appreciate any other feedback I can get regarding this matter. I cannot be the only one experiencing this in the MOTORS catagories. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You are not the only one. There was another post on the weekend about the gsp and ebay motors.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Global-Shipping-Program-does-not-show-up/m-p/27279147#...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Perhaps one of the eBay board reps could direct you to someone who could help you with this.

I'll try to flag him so that he will see both of these threads.

@Anonymous

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thank you very much for your help. It seems my only option is to opt out on these listings. I have a listing here that is set up with my company assuming responsibly for this shipping that just sold and it looked like it was shipped to a hub for EBAY as well. It may have been someone purchasing for their buyer as well. "Shop Airlines" comes to mind with that but the shipping was not paid to me for the item which made me look at it as I assumed it was shipped with the GSP program. Maybe this is my answer. Opt out and let the national forwarding companies handle it for me instead? I fear this will limit my customer base while the GSP program can expand it if I can get it to work. Right now I am simply answering questions regarding the shipping to different countries. Those are just the ones willing to take the time to ask, how many am I losing by not offering them the chance to simply purchase? 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I don't have any exclusions.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@switch-suspension wrote:

Hello I am reaching out to the community here. I cannot seem to get any strait answers from Ebay to help resolve my issue. 

My issue is with my products simply being offered on the GSP program. It seems all of my listings are only being offered to US and CA. Not any of the other locations offered through GSP. I noticed that my listings were set up as "letter" for thier packaging regardless of how they were listed to ship IE: w/ UPS or USPS and the box assoaciated with that shipment. I fixed that and now they are listed as "packages" and it is still not offering any other locations to ship other than CA outsid the US. I called Ebay again and they noticed that all of my packages were not set up with actual dimensions and only with the weight of the package. So I fixed this and updated the listings with dimensions and weights and still no resolve. I have been toying with and testing this on only a few of my listings and cannot figure out why I am still having issues. Most all of my listings are in the EBAY MOTORS" section which I know is restricted but I sell "Parts and Accesories" in the "Motors" section which is supposed to be the only unrestricted catagory they can be listed in. Everything I have tried has failed and I get ton of emails requesting shipping quotes outside the US and I feel that I am losing sales because I cannot figure this out. I mean how many of my customers have simply moved on to another seller to purchase and ship from them with a "OneClick" purchase and they are done. I think that the GSP program has great rates for the customers and I would live to use it if I can. I feel the only other option is to OPT out. I am hoping that someone out there can lend a hand. We are car guys here not computer guys and are doing our best. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey everyone, I just wanted to clarify that any steering wheel related categories are restricted for air travel as air bags contain compressed air and pose a risk during the pressure changes on a plane. Anything related to shock absorbers will be treated the same way. Since Canada only involves a ground transport method, it can receive these packages via the Global Shipping Program. Other countries would not be eligible, however.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@Anonymous 

My air bags do not have compressed air in them and the suspension parts I am selling are standard steel compnents. None of which have gas or fuid in them. Even my compressors are sealed un oiled units. Are you saying that anything that is listed in the "SUSPENSION AND STEERING" catagory is not supported in any way? Seems quite vauge to eliminate an entire catagory simly due to the fact that shocks may have compressed gasses which is only one part of an entire suspension package. AS you can see by my user name suspension is really the only catagory I list in because that is what I do. Is there anything I can do to clear this up? A coil spring is simply a steel part, and air bag is simply a rubber bellow held together by 2 steel plates, an air compressor and air valve are all mechanical items. There isnt any reason they should be eliminated since they dont have any air or oils in them that would have an issue with the altitude. It sounds like the "SHOCKS" catagory woudl be the only thing that would eliminate it? Can you help? 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@switch-suspension wrote:

@Anonymous 

My air bags do not have compressed air in them and the suspension parts I am selling are standard steel compnents. None of which have gas or fuid in them. Even my compressors are sealed un oiled units. Are you saying that anything that is listed in the "SUSPENSION AND STEERING" catagory is not supported in any way? Seems quite vauge to eliminate an entire catagory simly due to the fact that shocks may have compressed gasses which is only one part of an entire suspension package. AS you can see by my user name suspension is really the only catagory I list in because that is what I do. Is there anything I can do to clear this up? A coil spring is simply a steel part, and air bag is simply a rubber bellow held together by 2 steel plates, an air compressor and air valve are all mechanical items. There isnt any reason they should be eliminated since they dont have any air or oils in them that would have an issue with the altitude. It sounds like the "SHOCKS" catagory woudl be the only thing that would eliminate it? Can you help? 

There would not be any exceptions made within the category as we have chosen to be cautious with these items. While your listings may not contain compressed air, they are within a category that we feel it is best to restrict from sales that would involve air travel. You are able to set up shipping directly to buyers for items that are not eligible for our Global Shipping Program if you would like!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

OK one last question trinton@ebay if I change the catagory the items are listed in in order to get around this issue will it directly effect my "BEST MATCH" standing when it is searched for? I dont think many people who shop on the motors section of ebay use the search catagories as often as they simply use the search option. I still think the GSP is best if I can get around it. There are multiple catagorys my items can be listed in. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply