cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSP

Is the Global Shipping Program being replaced with eBay International Standard Delivery?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: GSP

No! eBay's International Standard is a completely different program, the only similarity is that you would ship initially to a US location and your package would be forwarded to the destination.

GSP includes prepayment of import duty/tax while the other does not.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No! eBay's International Standard is a completely different program, the only similarity is that you would ship initially to a US location and your package would be forwarded to the destination.

GSP includes prepayment of import duty/tax while the other does not.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

................general reply...................

thats a great question but if you look at the details you will realize that the difference is when the customs are paid,one is upfront,that would be the GSP.

the diiference in shipping price for me is only 9 cents.Ebay give me a good rate with shipping and the only lower choice is ebay itself with the EISD,ost of my packages are about 6 ounces

shipping directly to a buyer overseas is a great altenative to using the GSP.I saw it offered a few months ago and used it with a newbie.I figured what the heck,if it gets lost or delayed I can just blame ebay.

if you are looking to bypass ebay alltogether with shipping then going with edelcon is a great way to get your feet wet with low risk.I think that using the GSP is like putting up a billboard that says I am not a serious internationall seller. my international sales are 30 percent of what I sell and it would drop like a rock if I enrolled in the GSP.

if you look at the monthly report that paypal supplies it tells you exactly where your stuff sold and how it was purchased,IE with a phone or PC

I ship 50 items a month with edelcon and would not do too good without it

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 3
latest reply