cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSP shipping - item delivered to wrong country!

I don't have all the details because I'm not the seller but I'm wondering about seller protection in a case like this. 

It's my understand that once a GSP item shows arrival in Erlanger, KY, the seller is protected in case of INR. 

In this case, item was shipped from US, arrived in Kentucky then showed delivery  in Germany. The problem is that the item is supposed to go to Australia. 

The buyer and seller are working with each other to untangle this web. 

Buyer spoke to someone in CS and was told that she should get her refund from the seller because she has buyer protection. 

But doesn't the seller have SP since she sent through ebay's GSP and has proof that it got to KY? 

While I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, it sounds to me as if someone in KY sent the item in the wrong direction. 

What is the seller's recourse? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The gsp would have to refund the buyer since there is delivery shown to Kentucky.

The buyer should still open a regular inr claim but the seller might want to contact cs so they know to process it as a gsp transaction. They are supposed to know that automatically but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you. I will relay the suggestion!
albertabrightalberta

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Okay. Buyer opened INR and when seller tried to respond with the tracking, the number had disappeared.

Once they forward the package from Kentucky to international shipment, the domestic tracking number (for the label printed through ebay) was replaced with the international one.

Is there a way to find the tracking number for the shipment to Kentucky? (She says it's not in the Paypal transaction even though the label was paid through PP.)

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

On a non-GSP transaction there's an option to toggle between multiple tracking numbers when you ship more than one package for the transaction. It looks like this on the tracking pop-up window:

multipletracking.jpg

I don't have any GSP transactions to view, but my best guess is that it's displayed in a similar way with both the domestic and international tracking numbers available.

If the seller purchased the label on eBay within the last 90 days they can find the domestic tracking number on their shipping labels page.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you @wastingtime101. She said it was there until the package transferred to the international carrier.
albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Everytime I have an issue with a GSP order I call and they take care of it.

If know phone service is not 100% working so you can email them and say it's a GSP order and give them the item number and or INR request number.

I actually had an issue a couple weeks ago, broken item. I emailed and within 30 min request was closed and they refunded the buyer and I kept my money.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If they don't see 2 tracking numbers on the pop-up they can still get the domestic number from the shipping labels page I linked to above (if they bought the label on eBay).

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

She can search her email for the notification with tracking number she got from Paypal when she purchased the label.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply