cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Class International Fee With Tracking Number

So I've been selling quite a lot of stickers to international customers. So I like to know what is the cheapest way to ship it out with tracking number? Most of the decals I am selling with price ranges at $9.99 to $19.99. Most of the stickers I just put in a legal size envelope. For some stickers that are at $9.99, some of my customers are discourage to buy from me because international shipping fee with tracking number ranges from $10.99 to $15.99. So I was experimenting something last few months that I just put a flat rate international shipping fee at $5.99 BUT with do not provide tracking number BUT on my MANAGE ORDER I put "MARK AS SHIPPED". I would just buy a stamp at the postal office and send them out as it is. So last month, my sales for international buyer increased. But this week I noticed that my seller ratings drop. So my experiment on this issue is that I know Ebay require me to put in tracking number. So it is frustating to see what I can do to boost my international buyers as I get a lot of sales from them and not to increase my price on this item. Does anyone knows if using Encidia helps out to lower the shipping fee with the tracking number applied? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: First Class International Fee With Tracking Number

You are mailing letters, not packages. Letters do not have tracking. Nor do flats.

If you wish tracking for international First Class pieces, you will have to meet "package" specifications -- a thick and rigid envelope (over 1/4 inch) larger than 6x9 will do it. So will a rigid envelope weighing over 3.5 oz.

In addition, FC tracking is available to ONLY 24 countries and then ONLY with online prepaid postage, not retail. Stamps won't qualify. Endicia, stamps.com, eBay and Paypal all provide online postage at the commercial rate.

The minimum FC package rate is $9.03 (commercial) to Canada for up to 8 oz. Elsewhere, the minimum rate ranges from $11.16 to $13.06 depending on the destination. The corresponding retail prices range from $9.50 to $13.75.

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c391

If you have TRS+ status, you could lose it if more than 5% of your transactions do not have tracking. Otherwise, tracking does not matter unless your buyers lodge a complaint about product quality or non-receipt.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: First Class International Fee With Tracking Number

Thanks for the reply. I am currently not near at TRS Status. I did also talked to an ebay rep and said I can choose to ship out a low cost item whether domestically or international with or without a tracking number and will not affect much on my performance. Most of the sticker I sell are pretty much 1 or 2 onces and uses a standard size envelope. Only thing that I get ding on is if a buyer open a case and then escalate where Ebay steps in, then it will affect my performance rating. 

Unfortunately I am below standard because I have 6 cases which I overlooked in the pass and did not had it taken care of due to the fact I am the only person who handles the Ebay Store so it is partly my fault for not being proactive about taking care of and have it resolve. Eventhough I have 100% feedback, its just the open case which I have not taken care of what causes to drop my rating. I thought not putting tracking number on first class mail was part the reason. But the big reason was my resolution case. With that said and done I will just continue my process on first class international mail.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply