cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx is at it again!

16lb rectangle shape package. Weight and measurements were rounded up.
Nothing goofy about the package.
FedEx reweighed it at 15.5lbs and upgraded from $34 to $69

Two other accounts got nailed by FedEx this morning also.
They are doing this because they can.
It would cost me more than the upgrades in time to even attempt to get this corrected. Odds are the attempt would fail anyway.

Make sure your packages have no sign of anything to do with eBay.
eBay shipments are an easy target due to lack of recourse

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

FedEx is at it again!

@redlinear   This is a temporary glitch between eBay and FedEx.  Dozens of posts and comments on the Community Board this morning.  I reported it to Devon, an eBay employee who monitors these Community Boards, and he responded, "Our Shipping team is aware of this issue and is working with our Rates team on a resolution. "

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again!

@csbbct wrote:

@redlinear   This is a temporary glitch between eBay and FedEx.  Dozens of posts and comments on the Community Board this morning.  I reported it to Devon, an eBay employee who monitors these Community Boards, and he responded, "Our Shipping team is aware of this issue and is working with our Rates team on a resolution. "

Yeah Rite.
It's FedEx upgrading packages at one, or several terminals.  
The quotes I received on eBay when entering weight and dimensions were not wrong. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again!

Devon from the eBay team posted an update about this on the shipping board (link) :

"There is now a sitewide ticket open on this issue with our highest priority to resolve. If yourself or other sellers are running into to this, I highly recommend reaching out to customer support and having your account and example of what item/ tracking this happened on to [ticket number] ALERT 15247."

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again!

ALSO, if you look at your Payments Tab now you will see an eBay message...

Some sellers may have noticed an error in their label fees.

Some sellers may have noticed an error in their label fees. We are aware of this and we are working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again!

@csbbct wrote:

ALSO, if you look at your Payments Tab now you will see an eBay message...

Some sellers may have noticed an error in their label fees.

Some sellers may have noticed an error in their label fees. We are aware of this and we are working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience.

What would you say if 100,000 angry customers were getting ready to call and scream at you?
The FedEx/eBay rates are now extremely high (as of this morning).
The quick fix was for eBay to increase the rates to the extreme?
My FedEx account quotes are now half of eBay/FedEx quotes.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again!

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply