cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx Shipping Label was "Underpaid", according to Fedex, but I thought it was pay upfront? LOL

See ya FedEx -> USPS Ground AAdvantage now.  Yeah, now that we have to pay upfront, which is a good thing, not too good when FedEx advertises a $1.00 less than USPS, but zaps me with ~$5.00 after delivery (and we know.....fuel surcharge, residential surcharge, whatever surcharge, oversize surcharge; or better, FedEx pretending the weight and dimensions are different --- but I dunno what the charge actually wuz 'cuz I can't see the updated breakdown since eBay is the customer to FedEx).

Off to a better choice for many packages now,  which isUSPS Ground AAdvantage; in fact, USPS refunds me if I calculate the weight too high.  Not Fed-Less.  LOL

Will see what UPS does when I use that.  Bye!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

FedEx Shipping Label was "Underpaid", according to Fedex, but I thought it was pay upfront? LOL

My seller uses FedEx and that's why I buy from him.

Seller mailed package(heavy) on Monday November 20th....I got it Wednesday before noon on November 22th....from New Jersey to San Francisco. That the fastest I ever got an item from him.

I have become a "Repeat Buyer" for this seller. Seller just advertises shipping....but because it's fast shipping I rebuy from him and I know he uses FedEx. 

In my opinion...its all about "repeat buyers"...and I love FedEx.

I mail my items USPS and love them also...by the way.

But always expect the unexpected...so my boss always tells me...using eBay shipping labels...and not walking your packages in person to a clerk to mail.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Residential, fuel, etc are all included in the upfront cost. You won't see upcharges for those factors.

Go here:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

Second to last column "Shipment details / Cost" - click on the carrier name hyperlink.

The pop up will show a breakdown of fees. What was the cost adjustment for @shado-x ?

Certain things, like address correction, you can get a credit from eBay. Seller error on size/weight is seller's expense to bear. FedEx error on size/weight can be appealed by contacting eBay CS and asking them to file the appeal with FedEx. Seller not knowing what qualifies as an irregular package can also result in cost adjustments.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for that-----good to know, I knew there was some way to see it.  Carrier changed the dimensions on moi.  Bye Bye FedEx.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Package was weighed to the next pound dimensions were to next Inch My FedEx freight cost was correct $12.77 ebay charged me for underpaid $11.67 shipping label then ebay credited ONLY $11.66 me for Bay Incidental Reimbursement Credit NO APOLOGY from ebay * ebay SHORED Me $0.01 * Figure That.....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I can't recommend  USPS Ground Advantage  shipping .  it has a lot of unexplained delay issues  and bouncing  around  to the wrong USPS hub's .  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Exactly why I have never used FedEx. Seems like just phony cash grab billing. And they expect you to believe it's true. And if the fuel cost really spiked that's not my problem. That's your expense as a business. If you can afford to buy into putting your name on a Sports Stadium, you can afford a fuel spike. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply