cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx Ground Claims BE CAREFUL

I have one, maybe two , FedEx Ground claims every 24 months.  I filed a claim July 10, 2020, and the FedEx website has zero record of the claim, and will not allow a "duplicate" to be created.

The claims department has not answered the phone in two weeks.  If you call the general number, the agent may try to reach claims for you, but the call will be disconnected. Supposedly my call has been escalated, and I am still waiting. It is easy to see that this is simply not a case of "extreme high call volume."  Something else is going on. My trust in FedEx claims is simply zero.

Luckily, this is a $30 claim.  If you are shipping something expensive, you may want to buy insurance through a third party, such as Auctiva.

The problem with FedEx is major, and I have never seen anything like this.  I can only imagine the stress if the loss was great.

As I said, be careful, and make sure you have third party insurance if shipping via FedEx.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: FedEx Ground Claims BE CAREFUL

If you chargeback the shipping, FedEx will get on a 3-way call with you and your card issuer. Write up/write down your talking points ahead of time.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I’m sure they are swamped with claims as their volume has increased to holiday levels. I’ve recently had packages delivered by both fedex and ups very late into the day. Almost 8:00 pm in the evening. Never had packages delivered that late except during the holidays.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The problem is

A) Web site does not show the claim because my personal FedEx account is different from the shipping label created from eBay. 

B) FedEx ONLY has phone as a contact, and nobody answers. The reps on the general side will tell you to contact claims.

C) There is nobody working in claims. The phone is never answered.

D) The rep on the main FedEx line seldom understands the problem

I understand that Covid has put a strain on business, but it is 2020. FedEx could enable chat or a ticketing system so that a person could see the status. There is no excuse for this. Basically, FedEx is running the clock down so it will be impossible for a claim.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In summary, luckily it was a $30 item, and I really don't care. I am moving on. I will use a 3rd party for insurance for anything over $100 because I won't take on more risk or loss.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply