cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's new postage system not working for First Class

Has anyone noticed that you cannot send a package 16 oz First Class now on Ebay's new postage system.  If you put in 16 oz first class, it automatically switches you over to USPS priority mail and it cost more postage.  USPS allows you to send First Class up to 16 oz.  Seems this is not right.  Already reported it to Ebay, but of course, nothing has changed yet.  I send a lot of 16 oz which should be able to go First Class.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ebay's new postage system not working for First Class

+1,

One of the many reasons I avoid the new shipping page. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I thought the cutoff for 1st class was 15.90 oz

16.0 oz and up was priority.

I think the new page is sort of cool. Easy-Peasy.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I just tried to list something at 15 oz and it is now telling me nothing over 13 oz is first class.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Check what you have selected in the drop-down menu for 'Package type." If that is set to "large envelope" then 13 ounces is indeed the weight limit.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

OP's post is over  week old and I was having the exact same issue.  Problem solved as of today with my account at least. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

That wasn't the issue.  

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Check what you have selected in the drop-down menu for 'Package type." If that is set to "large envelope" then 13 ounces is indeed the weight limit.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The funny thing is I had to return a large part for my truck that the seller was wrong about it fitting correctly as it was for a base model vehicle. After I set up the return ebay offered me a label so I printed it rather than waiting on the seller to respond. When I went to put it on the box I noticed it was a USPS first class package label. The box was like 71" by 19" by 9" and weighted almost 30 LBS. For some reason I doubted my post master would let me use that label. So I waited on the seller to send me the proper label. However as shipping is a important part of the buying and selling process you would think any issues would be top priority to fix

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The box was like 71" by 19" by 9" and weighted almost 30 LBS. For some reason I doubted my post master would let me use that label. So I waited on the seller to send me the proper label.

You could have used the first class return label.  eBay return labels are good for packages up to 70 pounds.  USPS accepts packages up to 130 in length plus girth even though they are considered oversized.    

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I read that it is up to 15.99 oz first class but once you hit 16 it is now considered PM.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@silverwater1968 wrote:

I just tried to list something at 15 oz and it is now telling me nothing over 13 oz is first class.

Wow that is a blast from the past! I guess there's a vintage glitch in the system?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply