cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Global shipping program is costing me money - no tracking updates & customers filing INR

I sold an item with ebay's GSP that was shipped a month ago and there have been no updates with the tracking info ebay provided me. The customer has since filed a INR, and now those funds are on hold.

This is not the first time this has happened, and I see another potential INR claim coming soon as yet ANOTHER ebay GSP order is in limbo somewhere with no tracking info for over 2 weeks.

I took all my listings off of the GSP now as I don't what to make of it. 

Of course, I'm out the money and product.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay's Global shipping program is costing me money - no tracking updates & customers filing INR

So PB is the shipping provider that ebay uses for shipping around the world. You technically let them keep your item when you used the global shipping program. I would contact ebay via Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness) as they may have an idea of how to get your money back (I don't know if they will give back the item)

The delivery address that you specify must be within an eligible country and must be a valid and complete delivery address. The delivery address that you specify may not be a Post Office (P.O. Box), Army Post Office, or Fleet Post Office. eBay and Pitney Bowes shall have no liability and shall have, in their discretion and in any manner that they prefer, the right to dispose of or liquidate GSP Items that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable, for whatever reason. If eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude that a GSP Item is undeliverable and elect to dispose of or liquidate a GSP Item, title to the GSP Item shall transfer automatically from your Seller to eBay and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes (as eBay and Pitney Bowes may elect), at no cost and for no consideration to either eBay or Pitney Bowes and/or to any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes, and eBay and Pitney Bowes and/or any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes shall retain all proceeds (if any) received from the disposal or liquidation of the GSP Item. eBay or Pitney Bowes may also elect to return to your Seller any GSP Items that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable. eBay shall not be responsible under either the eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection policies if eBay concludes that a GSP Item is not deliverable to your designated delivery address or to the collection center near you that is designated by the shipping carrier, for any reason, including because the delivery address that you provide is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccessible. In addition, certain third party shipping carriers may require that the designated recipient of a GSP Item be present to receive delivery; where in-person delivery is required, you shall be solely responsible for ensuring that the designated recipient is available to receive delivery.

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If your item was successfully delivered to the Global Shipping Center then lost in the international leg of the shipping you will be covered by GSP but these issues are not handled well by the automated Resolution Center.

I would contact Ebay support by a private message to AskeBay at twitter.
Ask them to put you in touch with the Global Shipping Team.

That is the only support channel that has been successful for me with GSP issues.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

If your item was successfully delivered to the Global Shipping Center then lost in the international leg of the shipping you will be covered by GSP but these issues are not handled well by the automated Resolution Center.

I would contact Ebay support by a private message to AskeBay at twitter.
Ask them to put you in touch with the Global Shipping Team.

That is the only support channel that has been successful for me with GSP issues.

Yep, this is what I was going to write. You are only responsible for the shipping to Kentucky, the other part of the shipping falls under GSP. That's why you always receive a separate message from eBay saying success your item was received at KY.

I don't use Twitter myself so I use Facebook to contact customer service. Just go to eBay for Business on Facebook and send a message. They are very good at responding within the hour, but make sure you do this during regular business hours. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 4
latest reply