cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is overcharging on shipping, the post office does not charge this much. PAY ATTENTION

I don't know who is getting the extra money, but this needs looked into.  When I went to print the shipping label for my item today, eBay was charging 33.00 and 35.00 for priority.  I knew the prices were inflated, because I look up, weigh and measure all my items before listing.  USPS.com said it was 22.00, so that's what Icharged the buyer.  Ebay kept giving these inflated prices to print label, so I took it to the post office.  It was 19.21 for regular parcel and 21.00 for priority mail.  Who is getting this extra money eBay is charging? and that is a huge difference.  They also did the same on a pair of jeans I shipped last week, eBay was trying to charge me 14.45 for shipping, and post office charged 10.56.  Ridiculous, people need to pay attention to this, it must be a new income stream for eBay.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay is overcharging on shipping, the post office does not charge this much. PAY ATTENTION

Did you have the correct weight and package dimensions entered?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@spufee wrote:

I don't know who is getting the extra money, but this needs looked into.  When I went to print the shipping label for my item today, eBay was charging 33.00 and 35.00 for priority.  I knew the prices were inflated, because I look up, weigh and measure all my items before listing.   USPS.com said it was 22.00, so that's what Icharged the buyer. Ebay kept giving these inflated prices to print label, so I took it to the post office. It was 19.21 for regular parcel and 21.00 for priority mail. 

Can you provide the weight, dimensions, and destination zone for this shipment you are describing?  It would help us to give you insight into what is happening.

Without that information, my assumption is that you are trying to ship a package that is over 1 cubic foot, and your local post office is not measuring the boxes ... thus your local branch is not charging dimensional weights when they should be.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It is not e-Bay that determines the shipping.  It is the Seller.  The listing for your item either states the shipping or gives a way to calculate it so you should no the shipping before you buy.  And the shipping charge does not have to be the exact postage.  The shipping cost to the seller involves more than just the postage  charge.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@orangehound wrote: ... Can you provide the weight, dimensions, and destination zone for this shipment you are describing?  It would help us to give you insight into what is happening.

Without that information, my assumption is that you are trying to ship a package that is over 1 cubic foot ....

I'd work with the package weight and dimensions and the exact postage prices (not rounded).

I looked at one of your listings (sea scooter)  That's a large item and the listing offered Retail Ground postage.  So of course it's going to cost more if you ship via Parcel Select Ground or Priority Mail, since those are subjected to a "dimensional weight" that is not applied to Retail Ground.  If you want the buyer to be charged an accurate shipping cost, you need to set up the listing with the shipping service that you intend to use.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This sound like you may be putting in some wrong info when listing.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply