cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope Shipping

I have a customer who is very angry that her item hasn't arrived yet. It was shipped March 9th, USPS First Class. I purchased an eBay Standard Envelope with tracking number-ESUS134*******. I called the local post office and was informed the tracking number eBay provided is not a USPS trackable shipping number. I called eBay and was told that eBay is responsible for the shipping. But they cannot tell me where the envelope is (my USPS postmaster can and has tracked packages for me and in one recent case discovered it was sitting unattended in a nearby post office). All they can say is it's In Transit. The only solution they can offer is that a claim can file in 30 days. That's it. This is totally unacceptable to me and my customer. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Ebay Standard Envelope Shipping

It's not really an official tracking number.  It is not scanned until it gets to the sorting center and may often not show any movement until it is scanned as delivered.  The service does come with up to $20 or $50    insurance. There is information under 'Filing a Claim' at the following link.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=...

Message 2 of 2
latest reply