cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay International Shipping doesn't show prices....to me OR to interested buyers

When I list an item, the shipping calculator provides price estimates for USPS, FedEx, and UPS.....but not eBay's International Shipping Program. So I don't know whether the price is competitive or not.

I asked friends in the UK and Canada to look at my auctions and tell me the shipping price.  They said they couldn't see it....it just said "Seller may not ship to your country, please contact them".

So I spoke to eBay, and they said the buyer needs to add it to their cart to see the price.  Really?  That's not the way it was back in the days of the Global Shipping Program!  Back then, everyone could see the price!

Will this ever be corrected?  The agent I spoke to said she didn't know, but that she would submit a recommendation.  I am tempted to switch all my auctions to USPS shipping.  It's probably more expensive, but at least they show the price!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay International Shipping doesn't show prices....to me OR to interested buyers

Open your own listing. Scroll down to where it says "shipping, returns and payments". That will open a the page where you can select the destination. Enter whatever country you want and click "get rates". That will show you what you buyer would be charged. Don't forget to change it back to US when you are done.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Ebay International Shipping doesn't show prices....to me OR to interested buyers

You're right, that's a nice trick. But it seems odd that the shipping calculator can't do it.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

So when a buyer has paid for an item plus the selected shipping and I'm to print out label, the print label doesn't highlight to print. 

If i try to do the same with usps shipping international it does the same.  How do i get to eBay shipping labels 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@dimbulb00 wrote:

You're right, that's a nice trick. But it seems odd that the shipping calculator can't do it.

That is the shipping calculator doing that. I’m in Canada and all of your listings except for the Airline and Sanyo boomboxes show me a shipping cost to Canada.  I did notice that while the majority of your listings show that they will be shipped through the EIS, there are a few that are being shipped usps first class international large envelope which does not have tracking.  Is that how you meant to set them up?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for checking my items. Yes my friend in Canada said he couldn't see the Sanyo shipping price.   Do any of my EIS items show a price?  If so, does it show when you first look at the auction, or do you need to choose your country to see the price?  As to your question about USPS, I chose that for the envelope-size auctions because I assumed it would be cheaper. For example it is only $4.50 to Germany, and I seriously doubt EIS can do better than that.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

You cannot ship merchandise internationally from the US anymore using large envelope rate. Must be sent a a parcel with a customs slip. Some may make it through, but some may be caught.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Merchandise No Longer Allowed in First Class Mail International Flats
If you ship merchandise abroad using USPS First Class Mail International Flats, there’s a new rule going into effect soon that you need to know about. Effective Sunday, January 21, 2018, First Class Mail International Large Envelope/Flat service for merchandise will NO LONGER be available from the USPS. First Class Mail International Flats will only be approved for use when sending documents. This change is occurring to comply with Universal Postal Union requirements.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

When I use Flats (Large Envelope) it is only for documents such as service manuals 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

A service manual is not a document. You sold it, it is merchandise. A service manual is a book. You could not send a soft cover book as a document.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes, all of your EIS items show a price when I Iook at them in search. When a buyer is signed in the system automatically shows them the shipping cost to their location for items that can be shipped there.   This is true whether it is being shipped directly or through EIS.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

"A service manual is not a document. You sold it, it is merchandise. "

If that's true then why does Ebay still allow me to pick it as a shipping option

Message 12 of 12
latest reply