cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIS

eBay International Shipping seems to be considerably slower than the Global Shipping Program. This parcel sat in their warehouse for 20 days before the DHL international phase of their service.

eBay.jpg

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

EIS

It's not any slower or faster; simply depends on

1.) where it's going

2.) how 'backed up' customs is for THAT country

Customs can clear in 2 days, 2 weeks or 6 weeks. Been that way for well over a decade. 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

EIS

I shipped 3 eBay International Shipping parcels this month and they all took, or are taking, weeks longer than the International Shipping Program ever took. This one doesn't seem to have even reached the customs phase yet.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

EIS

One has to wonder what it will be like during the holidays.

And snow bound days...do they ever have a snow plow to use there?

I prefer the good old USPS...just my own opinion.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

EIS

I agree it's slower.  First it takes considerably longer to reach the Illinois (or now California) hub than it did to reach the Kentucky one, but I realize that will not be the same for sellers who live closer to one of the EIS hubs, just saying that's definitely part of the added average time for my International deliveries.  Then I do think my packages are also taking longer after they reach the hub, from sitting there additional days and/or whatever carriers they work with to transport the rest of the way.  

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

EIS

I've been doing the GPS and then the EIS thing for well over 5 years; and have NOT noticed any difference. Sometimes Canada gets the item in less than 2 weeks (I can ONLY tell from feedback as I do NOT follow shipping) and I've seen them get it in 6 weeks.... last month, last year, 3 years ago. GPS, EIS. Doesn't matter. 

For instance- I sold 2, TWO- 2015 to Present Mustang Fuse Box Covers- 12 minutes apart this morning and the 2 buyers are 2000 miles apart. I've sold 12 in 6 months. Now, 2 in 12 minutes. Go figure. 

What does this have to do with the price of Tea? 

Nothing...just goes to show that 'things' just ARE what they ARE.

Complaining or worrying or looking at the 'shipping' of an item that is 100% covered (ALL you should be caring about is that the item shows delivered to EIS- THEN you are done) is a HUGE waste of time & energy. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

EIS

It is slower and cheaper.

I have not gotten the usual cheapskate whining about the cost since Ebay went to EIS. I have gotten no buyer complaints either because they are given longer delivery times when they buy..

It is not based on customs backups. The major backups are in the USA.

It seems to be based on DHL manpower and space available on international flights, and who DHL chooses as last mile carrier.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

EIS

Did it arrive before the last estimated delivery date?

If the answer is "yes" don't watch tracking.

If the answer is "no", did your customer open a Claim?

Never watch tracking.

It is not based on customs backups. The major backups are in the USA.

Not every country, but...

Canada and many EU countries have subcontracted customs clearance to US-based carriers.

In those cases, the delay may be both in customs clearance and in the USA.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

EIS

@tools* 

According to what eBay originally told buyers about the new EIS system, the seller has ZERO reason for concern, once the items are received at the EIS delivery centers.

EIS is acting as a third-party delivery service; and, as such, is similar to other third-party delivery services:  once the tracking indicates that it has been received by EIS, it becomes the problem for EIS to re-ship and deliver the item in a timely manner.

So stop worrying about shipping delays, after your items have reached the EIS hubs -- not your problem anymore!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

EIS

I don't see anything to indicate the OP is worried about being held personally responsible, and I don't either.  The EIS seller protection is great, of course.  But anything that is bad for eBay is bad for eBay sellers.  I know if I ordered something that took a ridiculous amount of time to arrive I might not order from that platform again, even if I liked the item when it finally arrived.  

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

EIS

The buyer is given  window for delivery, and the USPS is one of the faster postal systems around.

I assume it will take Canada Post 21 days to deliver from here on Vancouver Island to Gander Newfoundland , or to New York City.

Americans have a hard time accepting that it takes more than overnight. 😎

The problem is not with the delivery systems in my opinion but with the enhanced expectations of the customer, mostly based on Amazon claims.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

EIS

I don't know anything about Canada; I typically get orders from Europe and Asia.  I just know my orders reached those buyers much, MUCH faster with the GSP than with EIS.  As for why that is, or whether buyers compare times from Amazon, it doesn't really matter.  We don't get a chance to reason with them if they just silently decide not to buy from Ebay again. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

EIS

@gurlcat wrote:

I don't know anything about Canada; I typically get orders from Europe and Asia.  I just know my orders reached those buyers much, MUCH faster with the GSP than with EIS.  As for why that is, or whether buyers compare times from Amazon, it doesn't really matter.  We don't get a chance to reason with them if they just silently decide not to buy from Ebay again. 

EIS is probably doing 200x the 'business' as GSP since EVERYONE was 'opted' in to EIS. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

EIS

True, they probably bit off more than they can chew! 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

EIS

Mine is nowhere to be find for a month now. Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 3.11.20 PM.png

Message 15 of 20
latest reply