cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIS Shipment to Canada with no movement since 12/15

I have an eBay International Shipment to Canada with no movement since 12/15/23.  This shipment has been rec'd and processed through eBay's Glendale Height's processing center (on 12/15) and is showing 'Mail Consigned'.  When you look at the Canada Post tracking it shows 'Waiting for Item'.

Buyer has reached out to me to assist.  Package was to arrive by 12/27/23.  What has happened to this item? What can I advise the Buyer to do ?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you used eBay International Shipping, your job as a seller is done. Any responsibility falls on eBay now. The buyer can be patient and wait it out as international shipments can get delayed for weeks this time of year. The estimated shipping date has not yet come and gone. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The buyer can open an item not received claim on Dec. 28 and eBay will deal with the claim since it was shipped through EIS.  I'm in Canada and I usually wait for 3 weeks from when the package was mailed before I open a claim but the buyer is within their right to open one earlier.  Based on what I've seen on the boards, the EIS center is overwhelmed and is taking longer than they should to process packages.  But it is also possible that the package was somehow lost at the processing center.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

EIS stands for 'not your problem'!! 

Refer the customer to EIS (they will have to find out how to contact) and/or..as stated, buyer will open a INR and you respond with the tracking number. Ebay's EIS will handle the rest. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There is no need for the customer to contact ebay, they open an inr just like they do for any transaction.

I have to disagree that EIS stands for not your problem.  Yes, ebay is responsible for the package once it reaches the shipping center but the buyer is still your buyer so it is only courteous to explain how it needs to be handled. If a seller doesn't know what to tell the buyer, they should find out. It isn't up to the buyer to phone ebay and try to figure things out.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Canadian buyer here It’s not just the time of year with all due respect Purchased item on Jan 24 and to this day it’s still in Chicago Took a week to go 25 miles to OSM sat there an additional week Apparently  if you trust tracking it was passed to three different carriers and now it’s still in IL Not the sellers fault at all its EBay’s fault I assume it’s all about profit 20 bloody years on eBay and once this transaction is done I’m done with eBay Plenty of options out there to get what I need Shame on eBay and it’s utter contempt for international buyers 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

EIS pads the delivery time, and uses that padding much of the time.

My European buyers seem more patient with the delivery times than some of my Canadian buyers. Maybe its the buyers who will get last mile delivery by Canada Post, I do not see that very often, usually my  EIS shipments to Canada are via a courier service.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think it’s normal to think that someone in Canada would receive their packages a wee bit quicker than something sent overseas no? The reason I assume they protect buyers voicing their opinions about a atrocious service At least with GSP I knew it would go to

erlinger and then fly to Canada Not the case with this EIS My package has been in transit for close to 4 weeks Texas to Montreal been passed through OSM Glendale heights with three additional carriers and still has not arrived on the fourth week now Nah eBay is done for me I suppose they don’t hold much respect for Canadian buyers as we ate most likely not one of their bigger audience They have lost me on this 20’years on eBay and well I prefer not give them any more of my business As soon as this item either arrives or I end up having to claim item not received It’s Buh bye eBay 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply