cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay International Shipping

Oh my gosh,  I need help. A buyer opened a case saying they still haven't recieved thier item.   Tracking hasn't updated since January. This package was going to Canada.   I did call eBay,  and the guy said that on thier end the shipping was cancelled by me the seller.   WHAT!!  Totally not true.  Waiting on eBay international to call me back.   It made it to Customs in California and that's it.   What can I do???  OMG. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Yeah, that's going to be a problem.

First things first - you got a dud of a CS agent (I know, major surprise). All they have to do is hit the tracking button and see that it got to customs in California and now...nothing. Not that you did not send it out at all.

But that being said, eBay is likely going to make you refund the buyer. If a package does not move for 2 weeks-ish, eBay expects us to refund buyers.

Have you tried looking up the Canada postal system and see if the tracking number shows up in their system? Maybe it just didn't get an outbound scan from US Customs and now its in the Canada system. If  a less than honest buyer sees it doesn't show delivered in the eBay system, they know they've got a shot at a freebie, even if they have the item in their hands.  Also, I'd contact USPS and see if they can shed any light on where it might be and whether once it is at Customs if it is possible to do a package intercept on it. If you can get the package back, at least you won't be out the item/money for it save for the intercept fee.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You used ebay international standard?  In some cases they refuse to foward the item but if that the case, they would have sent it back to you.

That program does have up to $100 in insurance. There is a link to file the claim on the following page.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

didn't mean to post again. 🙂

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Track the package here to see if it shows more details @neverlandtreasures.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I checked thru Canada tracking and nothing.   Bla,  I did check on that last response tracking and it does show that on Feb 16 it was cancelled by the seller.  Which is me and that's not true.   Ugh!  I just want it to be fixed and then be on its way to my buyer.   I wonder if there's a way that can still be done??  When I put in the tracking info to usps nothing comes up.   Would they still be able to tell me something as USPS?   I'm so confused,   where is it as if it hasn't come back to me?   

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I did check there and it basically said what the cs agent said,   bla.   It was more than the other tracking thing I used so glad for that.   Thank you for your help.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I will definitely keep that mind. I might be needing 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Canadian postal service don't update the tracking info until the item is delivered.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I'd start by going into your post office and speaking with your postmaster immediately. Print out/screenshot the various tracking information (eBay, parcelapp, etc - try just straight entering the tracking as a number in google and see what comes up) that you've been able to find and ask them what this possibly could mean. The tracking still HAS to still exist somewhere in the USPS system. You deserve a better answer than "It doesn't exist in our system" when the last tracking showed it at Customs in California. It'snot like it never scanned into the USPS system, ever. If that gets you nowhere, track down the regional manager.

I'd also be escalating this with eBay - you deserve a better answer than "you cancelled the shipment" when they could see that it was in customs in Cali - it's not like the tracking shows it back with you or on the way back to you. I've never tried to get something back that has already logged into export customs, but I can't imagine that is easy to do.  Press them on whether it shows cancelled based on information from the USPS tracking or if someone logged a cancellation of the label in the eBay system.

Which does lead me to the following questions - is there any way the item was deemed ineligible for export? Stuff does get coded wrong - at least once a quarter I get a outbound package scanned as "delivered" when the clerk neglects to check the scanner. Apparently the USPS is so archaic that they cannot correct a scan 🙄. Something deemed ineligible for export does not automatically come back to you - you've got to go through lots of paperwork and hoops to maybe get it back. I speak from experience.

And as frustrating as this is - depending on the value of the item, there does become a point in which you are spending way more time than the item is worth to chase it down. Your hours have value.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@mi-294 wrote:

Canadian postal service don't update the tracking info until the item is delivered.

That's incorrect. If the package has delivery confirmation than it will be scanned throughout the journey.

But if you are sending international registered mail from Cyprus, Canada Post does not consider it as a trackable service so it may not ever be scanned. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply