cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY is blind to to spot bad buyers, helping them rip you off

Yet again I can see that a buyer (so far every single return I have received has been misuse of ebay's policy and they don't think this is a problem?) is obviously up to something. It's not hard to figure out when i send a video showing my items working as described along with those items, recorded just minutes before tracking is posted. The recording shows the time as displayed on a local broadcasting tv stations tv guide (which cannot be manipulated) and the item shows all featuyres working like new, then the back showing all wires connections and all outputs working then a close up on the serial number, then time and date again. all video is recorded in 1 take and no editing.

That video is then burned to a disc, that disc is time stamped by my computer as well. I send that copy alon with the item, I have a TERMS OF TRANSACTION posted in each description area of my listings that need to have it.

I explain exactly what I do and what I expect to see happen after a sale is made. I keep my end of the deal and I back it up, then I have a 48 hour time period to report any shipping dmages, I tell every buyer to test each item the moment it arrives to make sure that it works as I have shown in my recording. Then I offer a 14 day return as well. I go on to explain that buyers need to read manuals and understand them, any questions need to be asked directly to me for fastest help.

I also explain that any SNAD cases will first need to have an insurance claim opened with the carriers since I know I sent a working item so there's no other way that the item could be broken or not working as described. this is based on the fact that buyers are always telling the truth as EBAY has stated to me hundreds of times. With that idea I see no other choice but to open an insurance claim, correct? So I also will try to arrange for that item to be inspected by the carriers, this might take a few days to arrange since they do not automatically want to inspect items but when it involves items over $150 they will want to do this.

This all sounds reasonable since 95% of buyers who open SNAD cases have proven to be outright liars, sending back perfectly good working items, items they damaged on purpose and items misssing parts or even empty boxes! So since ebay has explained that they don't know who's telling the truth I have decided that a 3rd party inspection by the carriers would provide the missing information that ebay has no right to be judging in the first place (since they have no idea how can they even make a decision?).

Here's the problem, buyers have the items a month and open a case and say "it's broken" then no other explanation is given, my terms say that any SNAD cases must provide a detailed explanation of what they are experiencing or their case would not have any merit and will have to be inspected by the carriers. But ebay only gives me 3 days to get anything set up and since the buyers refuse to cooperate and even reply back to me I have to wait at least 1 day to hear a reply so that leaves me 1 day to try to get something set up with the carriers to get an inspection since I'm sure this is simply a fraudulent buyer who has either removed parts or has plans to not send any items back at all.

So you see if the carriers demand inspection, the buyers are screwed, if they don't supply the items they will be denied and I will get the news and report them to ebay to close the case. The thing is I need more time than 1 day to get this set up, and why should I have to jump when the buyer has had the item for a month and then will not even reply back to tell me what's wrong with it?

I believe that any cases opened up by buyers that do not reply back with the needed information should have their cases closed after 3 days, period!

So when I'm working on getting this set up to provide both me and ebay with information and a means to stop this blatant activity of ripping off us sellers, ebays desperately trying to make sure I cannot do anything that would help me stop it!? Before I can get anything set up and have no information at all on my item (that I have proof of working as described), ebay goes and sends the liars a shipping label at my cost thereby bypassing the plan for inspection that would stop this activity before it can even take place. I'm not authorizing the label so why should I pay for it, I'm only asking for the time top set up an inspection, nothing more, its not unrersonable and I'm sure any court of law will see this my way.

Today the item arrives and I know without even opening the box that there's going to be a worthless item insde, and sure enough it was, parts removed and pieces laying inside it, JUNK! I just lost $200 again plus fees and a defect! the entire time I was trying to stop this return since it was so obvious and the entire time I was telling ebay that this was just another rip off they made sure I could not stop it! They have it set up so I can't defend myself no matter what I have written or I have planned to do to make sure this can't happen.

Ebay has effectively made sure that the criminal can fulfill their crime and then protects them and charges me for a costly shipping label that they make money off of and they also still make money from the sale either way, plus they punish me with a defect for getting ripped off and losing $200 or more on the sale, just because I sold it here!

What seems to be wrong with this way of thinking? Unless you want to provide a safe haven for criminals to be able to take advantage of sellers then why else would they have this set up this way? If this is so this is a perfect description of aiding and abetting crimal activity and fraud to take place. Offering a safe place to commit fraud and make money off of it, this makes them a conspirator to commit crime as well since they are making money off each crimal activity, they refuse to provide refunds in known cases of fraud and they do not turn in the criminals, in fact they allow them to continue doing so without so much as a warning!

They leave me no choice but to not pay my bills and hope that they come after me and try to collect so I can present my case in a real court to a real judge and show them all the thousands of screen shots I have taken showing the way things have been done here. Showing pictures of all of the returns working or missing parts, empty boxes weighing only what the box werighs as recorded by USPS at the time of shipping back to me and posted diectly on the shipping label as welll. This happens after I have proof from the buyer that they received what I had show in my listings but then did not return those item since the box couldn't have held them at that weight, proof positiive of fraud!

I see no way for ebay to be able to avoid this becoming a problem for them and I'm sure that my outstanding bill (which is much less than they have caused me to lose over the years) will be dismissed but I will also counter sue for the rest of the money at that same time. I'm sure that judges are hearing many of the same cases on a daily basis and soon it will ring true each and every one of them will be rewarded with very little effort to prove that ebay has been commiting fraud and helping to comit fraud or the actual act of defrauding their sellers directly by making decisions on cases that they will directly be making a financial gain. This is not a legal activity in the eyes of the law. They provide no proof of their decisions and they are not allowing us to have a 3rd party inspection to occur, this is something that we have the right to do to provide the answers that ebay admits they cannot provide and uses as thier excuse to defraud us and collect payment on sales that we made but were ultimately returned by misusing their open ended policy that allows buyers to easily commit fraud and steal from us directly while sheilded by ebay who is charging us for the fraud to occur. promises of seller protection that I see in my agreement that is offered to me are not happening, if anything it's just the opposite, they are guarantying I will be ripped off with no recourse, this is not how their seller protection is worded, they have effectively broke their end of the agreement and continue to comit and help to commit fraud daily to thousands of unwitting sellers world wide.

Not only participating in but also providing the worlds largest Mail fraud network ever seen, in addition to but not limited to: obstuction of justice (not reporting fraudulent buyers and sellers), adiding and abetting (allowing guilty buyers to get away with their plans and blocking any attempts to stop it), conspiring to commit crime and fraud (when a buyer calls and ebay tells them to open a case based on the knowledge that ebay will automatically decide in their favor without any proof of evidence needed) and directly defrauding their sellers (by removing their funds from their accounts without permissioon when a seller has proof of the buyer commiting fraud and ebay will not accept any evidence or report the buyers to authorities and ebay charges extra for a return shipping label at the sellers cost effectively making even more money from them as well as charging them for the sales fees associated to the sellers overall loss on that proven fraudulent sale).

Latest victim of fraud (2nd one this week)

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: EBAY is blind to to spot bad buyers, helping them rip you off

@zinda2010

ebay isn't blind, they see it, but simply choose to ignore it for the sake of the Bottom line. And you're not alone in the way you feel OR the things you see, that positively stink about ebay.

You said

"show me where I can find a complete set of rules and policies for download so I have a fresh copy on hand, you know that ebay will delete web pages of vital content whenever they want to, they will also block pages from being viewed 2 times. you will see it once and then you'll never find it again. I have set a page to be saved and when I went back it wasn't available to me.

They change and lie about everything and anything making changes on a whim, I never agreed to having ebay decide that when I have absolute proof of the buyers ripping me off that i would be ignored and provided with defects for getting ripped off, then ebay charges me for the sales as well, limits my sales and takes my money for a store I can not use to benefit me at all. It;'s all just a way to rip me off and get money for nothing, half of my items never even show up in searches, even when I type in the title letter for letter! I didn't see that in any of their agreement so you need to think before you start with your "YOU AGREED TO IT ALL" Because I didn't agree to any of this and none of it is in print anywhere ion this site so since you know everything where can I get my dated PDF copy of all ebay rules and policies? Here again I think this will be something that a judge will find very interesting as well"

Unfortunately many on this forum, you might have noticed, tend to look the other way when it comes to any funny business, and are quick, much quicker than most, to give KUDOS to any slap down, even 1 liners, so called jokes.

I recently asked a question, here..."Retractions, when is enough enough"

I fully expect to take some heat over it. If somebody points out a bidder with 10, 50, 100, 200+ retractions, instead of confronting the problem AS a problem, some make a joke out of it "Oh, that's nothing...I've seen some with 6000+, from China"

Bid retraction is a pain, in many different way's, some (not all) dishonest. It needs to be addressed, not accepted by ebay and some ebayers, as would seem to be the case.

Now everybody, why not ask yourself this ...How many times have you retracted?.

One last thing. YES, I would prefer somebody retract, rather than not pay, but better still, I'd prefer if they didn't retract, at least no more than, say? a couple of times in a 30 day/6 month period.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: EBAY is blind to to spot bad buyers, helping them rip you off

I have never retracted any bids, I have always paid for everything i bid on, in fact I have already bid on a few items and then within a few minutes found some that were actually cheaper than what i had just bid but ended up buying them both, I figured since i placed the bid it was my fault for not doing a bit more research, the auction was ending and just prior to placing my bid I was shown prices that were much higher from ebays search. But once the auction ended in less than a minute i checked again and saw that i was more or less tricked by ebay into thinking that this was a great deal. While the auction was still winding down I bought the other item ($25) and hoped that i would be outbid on that auction, of course for the 1st time i wasn't outbid and ended up buying both sales which actually were for 2 items each when i only needed 1 to begin with, so i had 3 extra to sell myself. I lost some money and still have 2 of them left unused. My fault I took responsibility.

I can't even imagine doing what others have done to me, my returns involve me losing $70 or more $ directly out of my pocket and the buyers are flat out lying, I feel bad when I get totally ripped off by a lying seller and ask for a return! Hell I'll even pay to return it if shipping is under $10 even when I've been totally scammed. But to have a buyer simply lie to get out of paying return shipping because they continued to shop after they bought my items and then lie about it by saying it's broken and I get it back working every single time is simply too much to comprehend. Almost always it is from buyers who have GOD BLESS at the end of their messages when they contact you with questions prior to buying them. I have learned that this is one of the tell tale signs that you are going to have a problem with the sale. i have made up a map of the USA that plots all my sales over the past 11 months. I have found some very interesting things from doing this, I have proof now that ebay only shows my items to buyers who live in the farthest possible shipping zones from me. If the sale is made to a buyer who lives in a closer shipping zone (zones 1-5) that sale is more likely to be a problem sale, either a snad case or neg feedback.

The ration was extremely obvious with nearly 3 times as many sales going to zones 6, 7 & 8 plus the sales to problem ratio is far less in the zones that are farther to ship, which is the opposite of what you would think as far as damaged during shipping goes.

Problems: zones 6-8 = 6/320 sales

zones 1-5 = 7/120 sales

Average difference in cost to ship a 21"x19"x9 box 7-20Lbs zone 1=$11-$20

same box going to zone 8= $27-$80 or more depending on carrier used.

my sales plotted according to zones from 10/19/2016-9/19/2017my sales plotted according to zones from 10/19/2016-9/19/2017

Message 17 of 17
latest reply