cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double postage

I inadvertently purchased two shipping labels for the same item. I had to edit the weight but had already hit the button to purchase the label thinking it was just going to take me to the page to edit. The extra postage will be more than the item sold for. Can I get this returned or refunded somehow?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Double postage

Here's how to void a shipping label you printed on eBay:

1. Go to Manage shipping labels.
  2. Find the item you'd like to void the shipping label for, then from the Actions column, select More Actions, and then select Void.
  3. Choose your reason for voiding the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
  4. Select Void shipping label.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Here's how to void a shipping label you printed on eBay:

1. Go to Manage shipping labels.
  2. Find the item you'd like to void the shipping label for, then from the Actions column, select More Actions, and then select Void.
  3. Choose your reason for voiding the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
  4. Select Void shipping label.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you - you're awesome!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@740miket 

To be noted is that the "void request" of a USPS label generally results in a refund in about 2-3 weeks. (Sometimes sooner, sometimes later)

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@740miket 

also....

(since it appears the sale funds may be lower than the shipping costs)

if you did not have "pending/available" funds (or have already been paid out for that previous sale on the 4th) prior to this sale, and you void the label and print a new one...due to the fact that the void credit is delayed by a couple weeks (it comes from USPS) and the new label is an immediate payment, your account "may" show a negative amount that you might have to satisfy. 

If you still had funds from your previous sale, those funds will be reduced by the "new" label cost.....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Didn't think about that. How would they address that - directly from my account or from PayPal? Either way is not a problem I guess.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If you come up with a temporary (-) negative balance, you can satisfy it with a sale, or from your funding source for your Managed payments (probably a bank account that is used for your transfers). Once the USPS credit comes through (in a couple weeks), it will show up in your account as a (+) number......

Message 7 of 7
latest reply