cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double payment & I lose out?????

So this probably isn't the right place to post this but I don't care. 

I had someone buy something from me this morning & for some reason they payed twice. 

I don't know if it was a EBay or PayPal glitch or if the buyer just got impatient and clicked the button to many times. 

Anyway it doesn't matter eBay showed he only ordered a quantity of one so I shipped 1. 

So I contact PayPal and ask them to reverse the payment & I get an automated response which was no help but said please reply to this useless message & we will eventually get back to you. 

Ok so this is getting a little long. 

Paypal wants me to refund the money. 

Me.. no prob 

paypal... oh by the way we are going to charge a transaction fee for refunding.  

Me... prob. 

Yea ear I know someone going to say "well it's only 30 cents. " 

IWell buddy this is the 2nd time this week I've had to eat a "transaction fee" because of someone else's screw up.  

Oh & oh & here is the reply I got from PayPal 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Double payment & I lose out?????

Yea ear I know someone going to say "well it's only 30 cents. " 

I can top that.  It's only 30 cents AND you're getting your original fees refunded.  It costs paypal money to transfer money - twice - not sure why I'd expect them to do that for free.

PayPal users are spoiled.  If this had been a credit card merchant account, you may well have not only lost the original fee, but may well have had to pay a second fee to process the refund.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

So I should pay for someone else's screw up. I'm not the one who charged the buyer twice for the same transaction.
If it was my fault yea I expect to pay for the mistake.

But it wasn't my fault. So I'm not going to pay.
I work hard for every single cent I make both hear on eBay & @ my full time job.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So I should pay for someone else's screw up.

You pay paypal to transfer money.  They transferred money. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply