cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does standard shipping include/exclude tracking

I want to buy a product which has two shipping options. See below:

ebay-shipping-details.png

What happens if I select economy shipping and don't receive the item?

On contacting the seller, can she say that she doesn't have to refund because the tracking option was offered but I didn't select it.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Does standard shipping include/exclude tracking

This is a bit hard as most sellers here are only familiar with shipping in the USA, this is an item coming from Bulgaria going to Vietnam.

With those in the USA (and I think countries like Canada and the UK) the seller does not carry the burden of confirmed delivery EXCEPT to the GSP center, for that they do need tracking to that location. Tracking is ultimately for the SELLERS benefit, in the USA ALL packages with on-line postage have tracking printed directly on the shipping label when it is printed.

If the item is past it's estimated delivery date then it is time to file an INR (item not received) claim. If you haven't already do familiarize yourself with the rules for this process on your countries eBay system.  Know unless it is vastly different than the eBay based in the US, you can not reopen a case once closed so be sure you have your item IN HAND or a CLEARED refund before closing a case.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

it is the seller responsibility to prove he has delivered the item to your address ,the only way is to present an online viewable tracking number from a commercial carrier which the Paypal or Ebay robot can verify online at its site,eg USPS,DHL,UPS or your country postal service.

if you do not recieve the item ,file item not receive and seller would have to come up with a tracking number showing status-delivered.

if he cannot come up with such or the number does not show it has been delivere,he will have to refund in full.

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The shipping choices shown there are generic, not specific services so only the seller would know what type of mailing service they are using.  However, it shouldn't matter to you whether or not there is tracking. If you don't receive the item by the latest estimated delivery date and you open an item not received claim, the seller will have to refund you unless they can show with online tracking that you have received the item. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply