cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ebay have a hold shipment option?

I am a freelance artist who sells artwork on Ebay. Many of my customers are return buyers who buy on a weekly basis and request that I hold their shipment to save on shipping. They pay shipping for the first item and any items after that ship with it at no extra charge. If there's a way to mark their items as Shipment Held at Buyer's Request I haven't found it. Ebay posts alerts on my sellers page for shipment past due which might affect my shipping ratings but these aren't late they're being held until the buyer completes their shopping. It would be nice to be able to mark these items as such or is there a way to do that that I have overlooked?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does Ebay have a hold shipment option?

@jv_jones In short, no. It sounds like what you want to accomplish can be done by changing your handling time to 30 days. That way your seller rating will not be affected if you hold shipment.

Additionally, you may run into issues where buyers are forced to pay for items as they purchase them which means that you lose the shipping FVF when you refund buyer shipping for additional items. If that's okay with you then great. If it's not then the buyers would need to use the shopping cart feature to purchase everything at once.

Here's a thread related to that which has more detail:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BIN-is-ONLY-wanting-instant-payment/m-p/26957833#M2829...

Bottom line - if the only thing you are concerned about is shipping on time per eBay, then change your handling time to 30 days. You can leave a note on your listings for new buyers that you typically ship within X days if that's a concern.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Does Ebay have a hold shipment option?

@jv_jones In short, no. It sounds like what you want to accomplish can be done by changing your handling time to 30 days. That way your seller rating will not be affected if you hold shipment.

Additionally, you may run into issues where buyers are forced to pay for items as they purchase them which means that you lose the shipping FVF when you refund buyer shipping for additional items. If that's okay with you then great. If it's not then the buyers would need to use the shopping cart feature to purchase everything at once.

Here's a thread related to that which has more detail:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BIN-is-ONLY-wanting-instant-payment/m-p/26957833#M2829...

Bottom line - if the only thing you are concerned about is shipping on time per eBay, then change your handling time to 30 days. You can leave a note on your listings for new buyers that you typically ship within X days if that's a concern.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply