cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need a prepaid lable through ebay or can i take my items to usps and ship them out?

Hi all, I'm new to eBay selling and I have been shipping my items directly through usps/ups bringing the packages to the storefront. I am a bit worried, is what I have done alright? Or do I absolutly need to use a prepaid lable from the ebay website? Cause I have just taken my packages to the carrier and shipped them out directly from a storefront. If anyone could help me figure this one out it is very much appreciated. Just want to make sure I am okay by doing this. Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do i need a prepaid lable through ebay or can i take my items to usps and ship them out?

You are doing great!

It is cheaper and easier to use eBay for labels. But you can go direct to the carrier too.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing is to make sure you enter tracking numbers for each order in eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I use eBay labels for my USPS. My carrier scans on pickup (automatically uploads tracking), I receive commercial rates (vs. the retail rate you'll pay at the P.O.) and it's just too easy for me to do here from home (in my PJs).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can compromise, print your label on Ebay and bring your items to the carrier.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes you can either purchase shipping thru eBay or direct from the shipper.  As stated, you get a bit of a discount buying thru eBay.  They also enter the tracking numbers for you.  You have to do that yourself if you buy shipping direct from the shipper.  Come back here if you need help doing that.

Take care entering the numbers as you can't change them once entered.  You can only add another one.  Confuses buyers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply