cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in shipping cost between new and old label system

I just noticed another post that got pulled almost immediately so I'm not sure if eBay is trying to hide this or not but a warning to all sellers. 

Check the price between the new and old label system.

Today I noticed several items that cost Over $7 for shipping on the new label system and the price was nearly 50 cents cheaper on the old system. Another glitch I hope but 50 cents here and there adds up. 

Check before you click... 

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Difference in shipping cost between new and old label system

eBay's postage prices are based on USPS published rates and would be the same regardless of how you purchase your postage or which form you use.

Are you sure that the weights, Zones, service etc. were the same? Can you give a specific example?

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

100% sure. Been doing this a LONG time. 

Same weight, same carrier, same package. Different price. With all the glitches I check every step these days. 

Like I said its just a heads up to other sellers. 

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

OK, if you don't give specifics then it's impossible to figure out where the discrepancy might be coming from.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

@scalemotorcars wrote:

100% sure. Been doing this a LONG time. 

Same weight, same carrier, same package. Different price. With all the glitches I check every step these days. 

Like I said its just a heads up to other sellers. 

Different destinations? Has your seller status changed? As was mentioned, if you're going to withold info, this is a waste of time, and it definitely doesn't help other sellers.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Not rocket science guys. This is just a heads up to other sellers to check the price before they click. 

But to be 100% clear

One the new shipping label system I was quoted one price that was over $7. This caught my attention because it should have been less so I checked the older label system and sure enough it was by about 0.50 cents less. 

TRS, 100% on everything, 

Same exact item,

same exact address, 

same exact carrier,

same exact weight,

same exact size. 

Different price between old and new system.

Happened on several items I shipped today so not isolated to one listings. Its a glitch and someone else posted about it but they got their post pulled almost instantly.  It didn't happen on an international shipment so seems to only be domestic. 

I'm just trying to warn other sellers to check the price. 

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

@scalemotorcars wrote:

One the new shipping label system I was quoted one price that was over $7. This caught my attention because it should have been less so I checked the older label system and sure enough it was by about 0.50 cents less. 

TRS, 100% on everything, 

Same exact item,

same exact address, 

same exact carrier,

same exact weight,

same exact size. 

Different price between old and new system.

Happened on several items I shipped today so not isolated to one listings. Its a glitch and someone else posted about it but they got their post pulled almost instantly.  It didn't happen on an international shipment so seems to only be domestic. 

It's not a glitch until 1) you post actual proof, and 2) other members can check your "proof" to see if there's something you overlooked.

What you've posted doesn't allow anyone to do that, and your assertion that a post was "pulled" (what, to hide the problem? LOL) is also without proof. So for now, this is just a PEBKAC.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

What you've posted doesn't allow anyone to do that, and your assertion that a post was "pulled" (what, to hide the problem? LOL) is also without proof. So for now, this is just a PEBKAC.

It's not a glitch until 1) you post actual proof, and 2) other members can check your "proof" to see if there's something you overlooked.

And it looks like we have an eBay fanboy. eBay can do no wrong until its 100% proven. Well I don't have to prove anything to you. I was simply trying to help other sellers save a few $$$ just in case they were effected like me. 

But don't worry I'll be sure to screenshot everything next time it happens so your satisfied that there was in fact an issue. 

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

If what you are asserting is true, then your alert would be very helpful.  But with no posts other than yours making this observation, you need to establish your credibility.  

Rather than all that typing, how about some specifics as requested earlier as evidence of the different prices?  Instead of saying "One the new shipping label system I was quoted one price that was over $7. This caught my attention because it should have been less so I checked the older label system and sure enough it was by about 0.50 cents less..."  how about providing the exact two postage amounts?

Don't overlook the possibility that the removed post was removed at the request of the original poster after he  figured out what was wrong.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Today I noticed several items that cost Over $7 for shipping on the new label system and the price was nearly 50 cents cheaper on the old system.

Rather than comparing it to some "old" system, I'd see if it was correct for the weight/size/service/ZIP prices of today.  Especially if we're talking USPS.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

USPS prices haven't changed since January.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

USPS prices haven't changed since January.

Yes, but we don't know what the OP is comparing to what.  If the last time he printed a label for that weight and service was in december, that could explain the difference.  Of the possible explanations for a discrepancy, "the calculator is wrong" is probably the least likely.  It's just a calculator; it doesn't pick numbers out of thin air.

Which isn't to say it's impossible, just unlikely.

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

I'm pretty sure he's comparing the old and new versions of the eBay shipping label prep form.  He has over 600 feedback as a seller in the past year. 

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's comparing the old and new versions of the eBay shipping label prep form.  He has over 600 feedback as a seller in the past year. 

I missed that part, thanks.

Regardless, the important part is whether or not the shipping amount is correct, not if it agrees with some other figure. 

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Same thing is happening to me, all of our shipping prices are up and we are not receiving our Top Rated Seller discount for shipping.  Ebay is going to owe some refunds.. 

Message 15 of 36
latest reply