cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating shipping policy difficulties

With each new USPS change I have to change policies. Today I tried to create a new one and found that no mater what I place in the policy name it is rejected. They also say my choice of same for all and first class 2 to 5 days is wrong. I miss the old days when you just added a price to the first class drop down. This is eating time and I could use some pointers, never had this trouble with the ones in existence

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Creating shipping policy difficulties

shipping is one of the three required business policies

every time you make an edit to shipping while making a draft or listing you might have to rename the policy

it can be a pain

I have been here 20 years writing auctions with a flat rate fee and did not realize there is a business policy page that you can actually see them all and what  the names are for them.

I suggest having a look at the page and getting rid of redundant or old policies

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

@chez-desir 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I prefer to not use policies, and just set up calculated shipping.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It's nearly impossible to help unless you tell us exactly what the error message says @chez-desir.

If you want to opt out of using business policies you can do it on the same page where you've been working to add new policies: https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Here is the message  Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields

name and all the shipping info have an asterisk-in shipping I chose same cost to all and first class 2-5 days so they want me to put something  else other than what I use? I can put any number of names in the top line and all are rejected. I have found another reason not to like the new listing too.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

shipping is one of the three required business policies

every time you make an edit to shipping while making a draft or listing you might have to rename the policy

it can be a pain

I have been here 20 years writing auctions with a flat rate fee and did not realize there is a business policy page that you can actually see them all and what  the names are for them.

I suggest having a look at the page and getting rid of redundant or old policies

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

@chez-desir 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I have success today in doing edits to current policies but the issue remains, I seem to be blocked from making a new ones.  I guess I'll do a custom edit for  the one heavy package. I don't use ebay mail due to unreliable mail person in rural area so I still need to go the PO each week so I try to keep mail cost fair. The yearly jumps are hurting sales.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@chez-desir wrote:

Here is the message  Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields

name and all the shipping info have an asterisk-in shipping I chose same cost to all and first class 2-5 days so they want me to put something  else other than what I use? I can put any number of names in the top line and all are rejected.

In that case we'd probably need a screenshot. Are you trying to use a name that's already in use? Are you filling out every field?

I have found another reason not to like the new listing too.

Business policies are optional. You can turn them off using the link I posted above. If you are trying to create new policies through the listing tool I suggest going through the policies page instead (link above).

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@chez-desir wrote: .... I don't use ebay mail due to unreliable mail person in rural area so I still need to go the PO each week...

You can purchase your postage label through eBay, so you pay the discounted postage rate,  and then take the package to the Post Office yourself.  You don't have to overpay for postage on top of having an unreliable carrier.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I didn't even know I was opted in to business shipping policies!  But if you go to Seller Dashboard (preferences I think) there's a business policy link.  I chose to "opt out" (just above chart) which opted me out of all business policies.  I would prefer to opt in individually if needed.  By opting out it deleted the policy from any of my affected listings so smooth sailing/selling now!  Thanks to the customer service agent that helped me out!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply