cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing message from drop shipper, Shop Airlines Sou. Please help

Good morning all,

I recently sold 2 Lanvin mini perfumes, item: 303267417141 to Shop Airlines Sou, which were delivered yesterday in Redondo Beach, CA.

I received a message from them this morning, as follows:

"Thank you for sending the item in a timely manner.

Could you please provide a full list of ingredients for the substance contained? Additionally, if you have the MSDS/SDS information, we ask that you please provide that as well.

If you don't know, please try to look it up for us.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Shop Airlines Sou"

I'm not sure what is meant by, "a full list of ingredients for the substance contained", as it's vintage perfume with no attached label of contents. I've looked online and can't find any info pertaining to ingredients either.

I'm also stumped on "MSDS/SDS information" and how to acquire it, as I've just always checked the box on the shipping label regarding perfumes or told the postal workers what I'm shipping.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Confusing message from drop shipper, Shop Airlines Sou. Please help

SAS is a forwarding company that buys on behalf of Japanese clients on Ebay. 

If you can't find all the information, let your buyer know about it. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@scentcerelyyours wrote:

I'm also stumped on "MSDS/SDS information" and how to acquire it, as I've just always checked the box on the shipping label regarding perfumes or told the postal workers what I'm shipping.

Um, yeah, I don't think you're going to find a Material Safety Data Sheet for a couple of 1971 perfume samples. Smiley Happy

I would just send a reply saying that you cannot obtain one and you do not believe it exists. They may ask to return the purchase for a refund if they don't want to ship it on to their customer.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the responses.

I woke up this morning to the dreaded return request with the chosen reason, "Changed mind" and message,

"Hello, Thank you for sending the item in a timely manner. We're very sorry, but circumstances on our end have changed, so we ask that you please accept a return on this item in exchange for a refund. We will, of course, cover the return shipping cost. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Kind regards, Shop Airlines Chiemi

I have a no return policy for buyer's remorse and the return detail states, that I am not obligated to accept the request. However, I'm concerned they would leave negative feedback. So, I'm not sure how to handle it.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It's a technical issue, not a case of buyer remorse. They cannot ship perfume like that without observing various shipping rules, if it can even go by air at all. They're paying for their own return shipping, so I would just take it back and refund. 

They are a reshipper whose buyers use their own account, and it sounds like their buyer may have wandered into a product area that they cannot support due to shipping restrictions. I think if you look at their feedback left for others, you will find that they do not leave negative feedback, at least not for a situation like this.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You shipped two bottles together?  And used First Class?  

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.  

Because they contain various amounts of ethyl alcohol, perfumes are considered to be  a flammable liquid, hazard class 3.

Your cologne is supposed to be shipped surface mail only w/ ORM-D sticker on the package and marked "community commodity."   First Class is AIR not surface.  Surface is Parcel Select/Standard Post.

https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/link/2013/01jan/news16s4.htm

You can legally send it First Class if you fill out a dangerous goods declaration and you have the Material Safety Data Sheet.    However, you may not know the information needed, e.g. the proper shipping name (Perfumery Products) the UN ID number, class number,  packaging group,  or the flash point of the liquid in Celsius.   

That's also part of the information your customer is asking for.  

You should refund and cancel. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@scentcerelyyours 

I get where you are coming from as I use to have a 'no returns' policy too.  The problem I found was that buyers quickly figured out that they could select a SNAD reason and then I would be forced to pay return shipping and issue the refund.  So allowing returns means that there is a chance the buyer selects a "remorse" reason and has to pay return shipping costs. 

So for me, returns, comes down to  an exercise of "How do I lose the LEAST amount of money?"  The shipping cost and that extra 30-cents of PayPal transaction fee is sunk costs, I'm not able to recoup them.  So IF I can accept returns and the buyer pays return shipping, I am at least not losing the return shipping cost!  And if I accept a return I get the FVF credit and the item back to sell again!

Doesn't sound like you would do this, or that it matches what was stated.....but for information purposes....we see some posters here that have a 'no returns' policy, get a return request for a SNAD reason and dig in their heels and refuse the return citing 'their policy.'   Unfortunately eBay's policies trump any policy a seller has if there is a conflict between the two.  So in thees cases, eBay issues a refund from the seller's funds AND does not require a return the item!  THAT turns into a MAXIMUM LOSS situation, so one to be avoided if one keeps a 'no returns' policy and encounters a SNAD claim.

So hope this background helps you understand why others are suggesting you accept the return.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

You shipped two bottles together?  And used First Class?  

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.  

Because they contain various amounts of ethyl alcohol, perfumes are considered to be  a flammable liquid, hazard class 3.

Your cologne is supposed to be shipped surface mail only w/ ORM-D sticker on the package and marked "community commodity."   First Class is AIR not surface.  Surface is Parcel Select/Standard Post.

https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/link/2013/01jan/news16s4.htm

You can legally send it First Class if you fill out a dangerous goods declaration and you have the Material Safety Data Sheet.    However, you may not know the information needed, e.g. the proper shipping name (Perfumery Products) the UN ID number, class number,  packaging group,  or the flash point of the liquid in Celsius.   

That's also part of the information your customer is asking for.  

You should refund and cancel. 

OK, I get where you are coming from and agree on the labeling info, based on past haz waste shipping experience.

Now that said, I have purchased perfume off of eBay in the past and so not recall ever seeing an ORM-D sticker on the package.  I suspect this is a widespread issue!

Perhaps eBay should hire a guy like you to create an advisory that gets attached to all sales in the perfume categories?  The shipping stuff isn't hard, but it is "hard" if one isn't aware.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@no_zero369 wrote:

OK, I get where you are coming from and agree on the labeling info, based on past haz waste shipping experience.

Now that said, I have purchased perfume off of eBay in the past and so not recall ever seeing an ORM-D sticker on the package.  I suspect this is a widespread issue!

Perhaps eBay should hire a guy like you to create an advisory that gets attached to all sales in the perfume categories?  The shipping stuff isn't hard, but it is "hard" if one isn't aware.

They literally ask you when you mail a package whether it contains anything liquid, fragile, hazardous or perishable.  There are great big posters on the wall of every post office about what is considered a hazardous material.  It's not that hard.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

They literally ask you when you mail a package whether it contains anything liquid, fragile, hazardous or perishable.  There are great big posters on the wall of every post office about what is considered a hazardous material.  It's not that hard.

Could all of those warnings be missed if a seller prints postage at home, has the package picked up by USPS or drops it off in a drop box, never entering the PO lobby and never handing a package to a USPS clerk?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply