cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with new package dimension requirements

I have selected standard rates without discount but my listings still get rejected for no package dimensions.

I am able to edit existing listings without adding dimensions.

Am I missing something?screenshot-www.ebay.com-2024.04.17-17_51_06.png

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It appears from what others are reporting that eBay is now requiring package dimensions on listings with calculated shipping. Sellers should enter accurate package dimensions when listing. If that's not possible for some reason, as long as you are 100% certain your package :

1. Will not exceed a cubic foot in volume (LxWxH < 1728) and
2. Will not exceed 22" in length

Then you can enter "dummy" dimensions of 12x12x12.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

It appears from what others are reporting that eBay is now requiring package dimensions on listings with calculated shipping. Sellers should enter accurate package dimensions when listing. If that's not possible for some reason, as long as you are 100% certain your package :

1. Will not exceed a cubic foot in volume (LxWxH < 1728) and
2. Will not exceed 22" in length

Then you can enter "dummy" dimensions of 12x12x12.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thats a good idea, very rarely do we get into the dimensional weight as our stuff is usually heavy enough.

We can't do listing dimensions as we sell industrial stuff so we don't have dimensions until packed.

The setting must work now as when I came in this morning everything that got kicked out yesterday was listed this morning with no dimensions used.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yeah they just added it. Super annoying b/c now all of my reposted/sell similar I have to go in and change.

It would be nice if they would add it into the shipping policies so we don't have to put it in every time. Just another extra step...

Btw I went to find the shipping policies (what were they used to be called? something weird) and I can't find them anywhere other than just accessing it through modifying or creating a new listing. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@tori_729 wrote:

Yeah they just added it. Super annoying b/c now all of my reposted/sell similar I have to go in and change.

It would be nice if they would add it into the shipping policies so we don't have to put it in every time. Just another extra step...

Btw I went to find the shipping policies (what were they used to be called? something weird) and I can't find them anywhere other than just accessing it through modifying or creating a new listing. 

My eBay Account: Business policies

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

@tori_729 wrote:

My eBay Account: Business policies

Thanks! But how do I find that link? I looked on Seller Hub, not there. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@tori_729 

Under your name  (top left)

"Hi NAME" (dropdown box)

Account Settings ---> Business Policies

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@tori_729 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that @tori_729 . A few sellers were reporting dimension requirements yesterday, then came back later to say it was no longer an issue. Possibly a short-lived tech error.

That said, I do believe any listing with calculated shipping should have weight and dimensions - and even flat ship or free ship listings should have weight/dim if eBay International Shipping is offered.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

This is the link I used to get to the Shipping discount settings Shipping Discount Settings 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@cssurplus wrote:

This is the link I used to get to the Shipping discount settings Shipping Discount Settings 

The "Standard rate without discount" is also known as the retail rate.  If you use calculated shipping, eBay has to have dimensions regardless of which of the 3 options you choose.

Dimensions used to only matter if the package was over 1 cubic foot, but now eBay also has Cubic rates, which are applied to packages up to 1 cubic foot for Ground Advantage and up to .5 cu ft for Priority.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@tori_729 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that @tori_729 . A few sellers were reporting dimension requirements yesterday, then came back later to say it was no longer an issue. Possibly a short-lived tech error.

That said, I do believe any listing with calculated shipping should have weight and dimensions - and even flat ship or free ship listings should have weight/dim if eBay International Shipping is offered.

Interesting, maybe it was just a glitch.

Good point on the International shipping and such; however, I only do dimensions for things over a pound and more than 12". Would the First Class International shipping really be affected by dimensions though?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I don't think First class international is affected by dimensions unless the item is bigger than the maximum. But you also use EIS and prices for that could be affected.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply