cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern Regarding Shipping Charge Adjustments as a Seller

I'm writing to share a concerning experience I've encountered as a seller regarding unexpected charge adjustments totaling over $58. These adjustments were applied to a recent transaction, and upon review, it's become apparent that the issue lies within the shipping calculation process.

As a conscientious seller, I meticulously inputted the weight and dimensions of the item, relying on eBay's calculation system to guide me through the shipping options. However, it's disconcerting to discover that the final charges significantly deviated from the initial estimate, resulting in unforeseen expenses.

Despite accurately providing the weight and dimensions, the discrepancy arose due to the use of a larger box to accommodate the item's size. I had presumed that eBay's system would appropriately factor in dimensional weight during the checkout process.

The situation is perplexing, as it contradicts the expectation that eBay's calculation system should provide reliable estimates for both sellers and buyers alike. It's essential for the platform to ensure transparency and consistency in shipping calculations to maintain trust and fairness among users.

I urge eBay to investigate this matter and provide clarity on how dimensional weight is calculated and applied during the checkout process for sellers. Addressing this issue promptly will help prevent similar discrepancies in the future and foster a more transparent selling environment.

Thank you for your attention to this concern. I look forward to your prompt resolution and clarification on this matter.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Were the extra charges from FedEx, UPS, or the USPS?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Some concrete numbers would be useful, dimensions entered, weight, postage as calculated by ebay senders and recipients ZIP codes, the specific service and carrier service used etc.

BTW, this is just a sellers discussion forum.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Perhaps this was FedX or UPS?

Check here for a recent update (the pinned post from ebay).

Update for Shipping - The eBay Community

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I am not clear from your post if the dimensions of the larger box that was needed was in you listing for shipping.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply