cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come On ebay!

OK, I have finally hit the top of my frustration level with ebay favoring buyers over sellers. I have a return that passed the amount of time they were given to return the item. So as I have done in the past, I call ebay, or rather click a button to have them call me, to close the case. I am told in the last roll out summer 2020, sellers are now given 15 days to ship the item back(actually it's longer because my buyer was first told to ship by October 21 and now they have until October 29th according to the person I spoke with) First it was 5, then 10 due to covid and now they are given 15 days or more from when the label was sent. Why not just allow them forever to return it????????? OR, WHY NOT JUST SAY AT THE TOP OF THE RETURN, THE SELLER HAS UNTIL THE ACTUAL DATE TO RETURN IT??????

We run businesses here, I have to ship the item within 1 business day to maintain top rated status. If the postal service doesn't upload it in time, I get docked. Once a return is delivered I ONLY have 2 days to refund or ebay does it for me, YET the sellers are continually given more and more time to return it. WHERE is my seller protection. Oh yea, if they return it and something is wrong with it, I can do a partial refund rather than a full refund. Ever try it? I have twice and then I had to fight my buyer to show them the item was sent new and returned used and then they appeal wanting their full refund, usually get it and leave horrible feedback. I have been selling here for 7 years and I have had it with ebay favoring buyers over sellers.  Come on ebay, please help your sellers.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Come On ebay!

I hear and read your fustrations. I know but look at it from eBay's point of view...Buyers are the bread and butter here,  this will never change. You can always find sellers but you need buyers to do business here and without money changing hands there is no ebay. I have been both a buyer and a seller and it is a whole lot easier to buy then to sell. I personally think sellers get the shaft a lot but there still is a lot of buyers out there that are just plain good people and I must have had the bulk of them as a seller! 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

You are trying to fight this:

https://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/ 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

sellers wont be the bread and butter for long.. too many other platforms coming out that people are able to sell on.. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

I stated "buyers are the bread and butter" 😆

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

@boxersluver wrote:

I am told in the last roll out summer 2020, sellers are now given 15 days to ship the item back

First it was 5, then 10 due to covid and now they are given 15 days or more from when the label was sent.

Why not just allow them forever to return it?????????

Actually it was 5 business days for the buyer to ship, and 2 business days for the seller to refund.

Starting Mar 25, this became 21/5 business days for the buyer/seller to ship/refund. Yes, 21 business days to ship the return.

Then Jul 1, eBay extended a special 10/2 business days to ship/refund, which astoundingly is exactly the same 10/2 business days ALREADY IN THE SPRING UPDATE! Notice your additional week in pink @onnius before the abandoned return kills itself, unassisted.

How much time are buyers given to ship returned items?
When buyers are sent an eBay-generated return label, the return is closed if the label is not printed within 10 business days. If the buyer prints the label, we allow the return to remain open an additional 5 business days to ensure shipping scans are captured. When buyers are not sent an eBay-generated return label, we wait up to 35 business days before closing the return.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

I thought MP was supposed to take care of a lot of these problems of fraud on eBay? What good is MP then? This is part of what eBay sold MP on. Can anyone explain what I am missing here?  Thanks

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

You've got that right! I get it that ebay needs to stay competitive, but even Amazon allows their third party sellers to set their own return times. What frustrates me is I get a notice above the return info that says buyer has until X to return the item. When the day after X arrives and the item has not been shipped(I have FREE return shipping to keep top rated status, so I always send an ebay return label) then I should be able to close out the return.  If they now get 21 days to return then make X the 21st day, not the 10th. Even better, if the system can track when we print a label, when the post office, fed ex or UPS scans the label, then once midnight hits on the buyers last day to ship it back, allows us to close out the return. At least on the ones with ebay return labels. It at least gives us sellers some kind of feeling of control. I just hope they close it out when they say. It's been well over 6 months since I had a buyer not ship a return and it wasn't anything big so I didn't follow it and it took ebay over 6 weeks to automatically close out that return.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

I appreciate your reply😊 I know that the buyers are the bread and butter, and there are many platforms for buyers to buy from, but the same thing goes for sellers. There are now many platforms to sell on and it would be nice for ebay to make some policy's that support the sellers. We just want to feel as valued here as the buyers. I have been lucky, I love my buyers and it's not an issue with them, it's with ebay not valuing sellers.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

I am surprised it's 5 days to send refund because once the refund is delivered the notice still says I have 2 business days to refund buyer.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

@oldwestgold  I thought MP was supposed to take care of a lot of these problems of fraud on eBay?

I didn't see any fraud mentioned here, and don't remember EVER seeing and statements from ebay on how MP was going to solve ANY fraud problems? Care to enlighten?

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

If you are allowed the 50% thing, then you are protected from Negs from returns that you give the 50% to. 

I had twice used the 50% thing, and both times buyer opened a 'case' afterwards- ebay paid them the other 50% out of their pocket, notified me they were doing it and no $ from me and closed the case. Buyer was not able to even leave feedback. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

OK, I am totally confused, I just went to the New Seller updates Fall 2020, and it says this : "

Starting November 10th, 2020, the temporary change we introduced to help buyers process returns will become permanent, so the time frame for a buyer to ship a return will be 10 business days."

So is it 10 days or 21? I am now totally confused!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

UPDATE, I called back wanting clarification and THIS rep closed the case in my favor since the item was not returned. I am in total confusion. The return was started October 6th. She was given until October 21st to ship it back, which was 15 days. When I called yesterday I was told she now had until the 29th, so 23 days which made no sense to me. So after reading the new updates that say buyers get 10 days to return I called for clarification and this time I got the case closed.  Not sure what this means for any future cases???????? But am happy the case is closed.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Come On ebay!

OK, thank you for that. I thought they could leave bad feedback. Now that you say that, I do think ebay paid them the difference, but to be honest, that looks bad for sellers because it looks like ebay is agreeing with the buyer. If they send something back used and they received new, they should not get their money back.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply