cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest Shipping Option Not Showing On Listing

New seller here,

This is my current shipping policy for all of my listings:

I assume the lowest shipping rate will be shown to the customer when browsing, but it seems like that's not the case. This is what shows for one of my items:

When I click into it the same price is shown for shipping:

You have to click into "See details" to see the actual cheapest rate:

I want the cheapest rate to be shown at every stage of viewing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay's policy is that if you offer 4 shipping options and Ground Advantage is first on that list, then the Ground Advantage price is what will be shown on the search results page and at the top of the listing page.  

I agree that it would make more sense, and be more useful to buyers, if the search results and listing page would automatically show the lowest-price shipping option.  Perhaps this is beyond the technical skills of eBay's programmers. For now, your best strategy would be to determine which shipping option is lowest for the greatest number of potential buyers, and position that as first on your list of shipping options.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Your links aren't working for me.  Please put the images into your post.  

Generally the  policy is that if the seller offers multiple shipping options, eBay will always show buyers the option that the seller listed first. For a while they had a policy of not showing any other options that were more expensive if they also were slower, but IIRC that was dropped as a result of clamoring from sellers.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Updated the post.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

eBay's policy is that if you offer 4 shipping options and Ground Advantage is first on that list, then the Ground Advantage price is what will be shown on the search results page and at the top of the listing page.  

I agree that it would make more sense, and be more useful to buyers, if the search results and listing page would automatically show the lowest-price shipping option.  Perhaps this is beyond the technical skills of eBay's programmers. For now, your best strategy would be to determine which shipping option is lowest for the greatest number of potential buyers, and position that as first on your list of shipping options.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply