cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged a shipping "Underpaid Adjustment" by eBay??

- On January 26, 2021 I sold the following item on eBay...Apple iPad 9.7" 5th Generation White 32GB WiFi & Cellular AT&T A823 / MP252LL/A (eBay item # 164639128660)

- Shipped it out shortly after using a eBay shipping label for USPS, Tracking number 9405508205497809641424. Cost $11.69

- On March 29, 2021 at 00:31:28 PDT I received a "USPS Short Paid Fee" charging me an additional $4.76, on top of the $11.69 i already paid. 

- On April 18, 2021 I disputed the "USPS Short Paid Fee" or "Underpaid Adjustment".

Original email sent on 4-18-21 to verifypostagehelp@usps.gov…

On January 26, 2021 I sold the following item on eBay...

Apple iPad 9.7" 5th Generation White 32GB WiFi & Cellular AT&T A823 / MP252LL/A

Item number: 164639128660

Date printed: 1/26/2021, 10:42 AM

Tracking/IMPB: 9405508205497809641424

Revenue Assurance ID: 4360303996

Underpaid adjustment: $4.76 (Invoiced)

Reason:

Original

USPS - USPS Priority Mail Package

Original weight: 2 lb 0 oz

Original dimensions: 10.0in x 10.0in x 5.0in

Actual

USPS - USPS Priority Mail Package

Actual weight: 2 lb 10 oz

Actual dimensions: 10.0in x 10.0in x 5.0in

The final shipped package weighed under 2lbs and measured 10"x10"x5". The item itself weighed .69lbs or 11.04oz. That leaves 20.96ozs to the 2lbs limit. I used a standard cardboard box, with some light weight padding wrapped around the item a couple times. In no way did the box, and packaging weigh more than 1lb 5oz's, and especially didn't weigh 1lb 15oz's like your claiming. If my memory serves, the final package weighed an ounce or two under 2lbs. I adjusted the weight on the package up to 2lbs, in order to have a little cushion, and because it was the same price of $11.69. 

I would appreciate the $4.76 credited back ASAP.

p.s. I know the USPS is hurting financially, but there are more honest and genuine approaches to generating revenue. 

Thanks

- Finally on June 3, 2021 I received the following response from the dispute...

Date: June 3, 2021 at 11:16:53 AM EDT
To: OMMITTED
Cc: verifypostagehelp@usps.com
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Thank You For Your Email

Dear,

Your dispute for Revenue Assurance ID 4360303996 with USPS Tracking Number/IMPB 9405508205497809641424 has been reviewed and approved by USPS Headquarters, and you have been granted a refund.

When your refund has been processed, the refunded amount should be posted to your account directly by your PC Postage entity.

We do apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience and your business during these difficult times.

Thank you,

Verify Postage Helpdesk

CJ

- 6-20-21 I contacted eBay help, and all they told me was to contact the USPS for the refund. When it clearly says in the above email from the dispute that the credit would go back to eBay ("PC Postage Entity"), then they would have to credit me.  When you mail something out using the eBay shipping Label program, we pay eBay, eBay pays the USPS...Now a credit or refund it would just work backwards, USPS credits eBay, then eBay credits me?? 

Any suggestions on how to get this credit back into my account?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Charged a shipping "Underpaid Adjustment" by eBay??

Try again with eBay?

Perhaps the CS rep misunderstood your request.

Maybe they thought that you were disputing the original adjustment & would then send you to USPS to inquire.

Maybe they did not understand that you had already disputed the adjustment AND WON on 6-3, and was therefore looking for your refund that USPS had sent to eBay.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes, you have to keep in mind that eBay customer service representatives don't speak English as a first language. You have to call 20 or 30 times for an issue to be resolved.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just had a underpaid charge come in for 15.46.  Glad to know I have to wait six months for USPS go correct it then another six months to fight with eBay😆

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I am calling FBI and Federal Postal Inspector. This is a scam by the USPS and they hope we don’t jump through the hoops to do what is needed for the refund. I suspect some people don’t bother. Either way it’s a scam and it’s getting reported. 

I sat on the phone today with the number from USPS to resolve this and after five minutes of hold music it said unfortunately no one is the office due to covid.. and then it just hangs up after reading out the email address. So why even give a phone number with that email address if no one’s going to pick up. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

YES! On the 3rd of June 2023 I was charged yet another "under paid" debit on my Ebay payment account. This is the 4th or 5th one this year and they're all WRONGLY CHARGED! 

This last one I literally sent priority mail and paid for 10 pounds. I knew I was PAYING OVER because the item weighed less than 5 pounds. So I box the item and print out the 10 pound paid label , apply too boxed item, then apply the usual PM stickers , then I go into garage where my FAITHFUL CALIBRATED shipping scale is and I weigh the completed package. It weighed in at just under 5 pounds. I remember clearly because, number one I printed the label before weighing due to my scale being in the garage and also after I finally did weigh the package,  I kept telling myself,  "dang I could have saved allot on this label because it weighs HALF what I actually paid for" ... lo and behold the package gets delivered on the 1st of June with no problem yet 3 days later I get a charge via Ebay payments frm USPS for just under 4$. Funny how every charge has been under 4$. 20 years of selling and shipping yet I've only begun to get these theft charges within the last year or two...

Seriously EBAY C'MON! Work with USPS to stop them! Im very meticulous in regards to selling and shipping and I literally quadruple check my packages and labels prior to dropping off at post office. I've paid OVER sooooo many times and not once has USPS given m3 a refund yet they take my money and lie saying I underpaid? Im going to start taking pictures of my packages and labels with the scale in the picture as well. But I don't have the time to keep monitoring every little chargeback from USPS. Honestly I think that's what USPS wants.  They seem to always do 33% underpaid charges hoping the sellers won't notice maybe? I don't know but I know 100% I wasn't paying under prior to shipping and USPS is stealing money from myself and other sellers

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Any class action lawyers out there reading this? Or Ebay reps? Please comment because Ebay has all the info in their system and I'd like a print out or pdf. of all the additional "under paid" charges from USPS, as well as the exact weight I paid for on each label. That info can be or should be attached to the individual sale/item and then compared to what the USPS is using to justify these fraudulent charges. 

Ebay I've been with you in different accounts since 2003 and I've grown quite fond of this sellers/ buyers market. Please actually look into this because, mixed with a couple other things, I'm getting very close to just never selling here again and that thought breaks my heart. How can the USPS just take whatever they want and Ebay just lets it happen and we have to notice within 10 days, go challenge it at USPS? within those 10 days,  then hope they refund. If not Ebay just goes,  "oh well". Then ghosts us and does nothing to help get our stolen money back. And hey, if I or other sellers actually do under pay, then prove it FIRST then take the money but as is all I get is a one or two sentence "you under paid and we're taking your money", no facts, no comparisons , no figures. Nothing but money STOLEN

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

On the message you received about the underpayment, there should be a usps link to appeal the charge.  I think you would then get more information about why you were charged.

I’m not sure what you think eBay can do as they have no idea how much your package weighed.  They are just passing on the message from usps.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply