cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing First Class Package to USPS Ground Advantage

Ebay is automatically changing any of our listings offering parcel select to ground advantage.

Why can't they do the same for our listings that offer first class package services?

We can't bulk edit the shipping method so we would have to do any changes one at a time. For someone with over 13,000 listings of which at least 11,000 offer first class that is simply not possible.

1. Why can't eBay make the change for all first class listings the same way they are for all parcel select ones?

OR

2. Why can't eBay give us shipping method as a bulk edit drop down option (probably because they would have to decouple it from the shipping price)?

OR

3. Why can't they simply ignore the shipping method since they are obviously willing to ignore it for an indeterminate amount of time as stated below?

Even the USPS itself will ship things out using the old names until the end of September and if you printed a 1st class label today through eBay it comes out saying Ground Advantage anyway!

So why can't we all get along and not make sellers go crazy playing whack-a-mole with shipping methods in individual listings that eBay itself is automatically relisting?

I started using the new terminology as soon as it was available in our drop down menu for my new listings and will continue to do so. Why can't eBay do a mass edit on the old ones or simply ignore the terminology indefinitely?

CURRENT EBAY POLICIES ARE COPIED AND PASTED BELOW:

Listings on eBay offering: 

Parcel Select Ground  

• Listings have been updated to reflect Ground Advantage. You don’t need to do anything. 
  • If you offer calculated shipping, the new Ground Advantage rates will be reflected. 

First-Class  

• If you ship with First-Class package, you’ll need to update your listings to Ground Advantage. If you use Business policies, you can make this update on the Shipping policy. 
  • If you offer calculated shipping, the correct Ground Advantage rates will be reflected.  

Retail Ground 

• This service has been removed for new listings. Existing listings will need to be updated to Ground Advantage. 

We are asking sellers to update listings to Ground Advantage over the next 30 days to ensure buyers see the most accurate shipping details. We realize this may take longer for some sellers and we will continue to support First-Class on existing listings for a longer period of time. We will update you as more information becomes available.  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

There's some really good info in this thread that will help you. Yeah... would've been nice if eBay had done it for us...

Update to USPS Ground Advantage with the Bulk Edit... - The eBay Community

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@paytonrules2003 wrote:

over 13,000 listings

With 13k listings I can't believe you're not using business policies!

If you want to give that a try, check out this discussion:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Setting-up-Business-Policies-Update-to-USPS-Ground-Advantage/...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

So I can edit 200 at a time but not 2000, which is what I ended up doing when they changed required item specifics in certain categories such as when they destroyed the postcard categories a couple of years ago.

I appreciate the links and information. Calling an eBay rep did not yield any such helpful options.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I'm pretty sure you can edit more than 200 at a time if you want with the bulk edit feature.  It would have let me revise all 1300 of mine at once if that is what I wanted to do.  Unfortunately, my shipping options were not all the same for that to work.   I had to pick and choose, but revised as many at a time as I could figure out.

I never saw any instructions from ebay about fixing this mess.  They just said to do it.  Most of the helpful instructions were from Wastingtime.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I can't seem to find  DOMESTIC SHIPPING in the DELIVERY part of the drop down menu. Mine simply says 

DELIVERY
Package details
Shipping policy
instead of the 6 options listed in the tutorial link you cited.

What am I missing?
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

That means @paytonrules2003 you're using business policies. So you'll want to update your policies on this page:

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

Revise a policy from first class to ground advantage and every single listing tied to that policy is updated. Just a few clicks. Repeat as needed for any affected policy.

If you need more help with biz policies I suggest checking the link I posted above in post #3

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Got it. Thank you for your help. I had not used the new policies yet and had not learned them. I just edited 2000 postcards in the old bulk editor once I opted out of the business policies for the moment. I can always opt back in once I have my listings updated. Learning one thing a time will work best for me. I'm not thrilled that I have to do all the work when it would be easier for eBay to do it but at least I'm used to that policy. I just wanted a way for it to be possible to do and you have given me one. Thanks again!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Just a note of caution:

When you revise your listings eBay will re-index them. For most items it is a momentary delay but for items in categories such as military that could be more sensitive the re-indexing process could take up to 24 items. I am "missing" 224 listings in search that show up in my "official" page and 211 of them are from the military categories.

Another "benefit" of eBay's thoughtfulness!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

"24 hours" not "24 items" - sorry

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

This is insanely bad business on the part of eBay.  eBay just told many of its sellers to spend thousands in labor,  or lose their store's  listings. The sellers are eBay's  income. So unless their selling a few tons of coke per month this is gonna send sellers, ebays income out the door. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply