cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to the shipping label page?

elizabeth@ebay 

devon@ebay 

I noticed while shipping orders over the weekend that the labels page no longer has an option to send the buyer a message. Is this a glitch or an intentional change?

If it was an intentional change, why? The ability to send a message from the labels page is a handy way to send a little thank you to the buyer when shipping. I used it all the time.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Changes to the shipping label page?

I also miss this feature, always did a short "Hi (Buyer),  Just packaged your item, and your package will be shipped out today", or "in the AM", and "thanks for buying" .....I have always included thank you notes in the package as well, been doing that since I started selling in 2008.

I would think it helped our communication stars/ratings, have NO idea why ebay would remove this. No reason for it, if you ask me. Would love to have it back!

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I am adding my input to the "why?" side of this equation?

this message would offer the buyer some up to the minute news on their order, as well as a quick summary of expected dates/class and notable delays that may occur along the way, as well as a personal thanks from the seller....

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

But why was it taken off?  I thought it was a great customer service item.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply