cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change tracking

I sold an item, and when I shipped it I must have entered the tracking number wrong, now there is no way to correct it.  What can I do, I don’t think any humans work at eBay, so I can’t get an answer.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Change tracking

You can edit the tracking number in your "Paid & Shipped" window.

Scroll to the listing and "edit" should appear next to the existing tracking number.....

you can add the new number there...

AFAIK you can't 'delete' the old number.....

this option is not available in the app i found out

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Change tracking

@monica-sells wrote:

You can edit the tracking number in your "Paid & Shipped" window.

Scroll to the listing and "edit" should appear next to the existing tracking number.....

you can add the new number there...

AFAIK you can't 'delete' the old number.....

this option is not available in the app i found out

As far as I know, when you buy the label on eBay you can't edit or delete the label on the phone app or the website. But the OP presumably bought the label off eBay or he wouldn't have had to enter a tracking number at all.  Is there no way to edit or delete tracking info for labels bought off eBay?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Change tracking

@berryjoyful2 wrote:

I sold an item, and when I shipped it I must have entered the tracking number wrong, now there is no way to correct it.  What can I do, I don’t think any humans work at eBay, so I can’t get an answer.

If you entered the first tracking number manually, you can delete/edit that number. If you purchased the first tracking number through eBay and eBay automatically added it to the transaction then you can't remove it.

Assuming the former applies, find the order on this page and look for the edit link @berryjoyful2.

edittracking.png

If it's past your handling time, you may get a mark for uploading tracking late on your seller dashboard performance ratings.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Change tracking

Is there no way to edit or delete tracking info for labels bought off eBay?

If the tracking number is entered through the ebay label system, I don't believe you can delete it (even if you could still void it)....all you can do is add another tracking number....

the OP said they erred in inputting the number..I am surprised the system authenticated the number to begin with..if they entered it manually, you should be able to delete it

Message 5 of 5
latest reply