cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me how to use Ebay shipping envelopes for my coins. I meet all the requirements but

Please help.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can someone tell me how to use Ebay shipping envelopes for my coins. I meet all the requirements but

Unfortunately you do not meet all the requirements @oldsailor1955 . Bullion is not eligible for eBay Standard Envelope.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/choosing-a-carrier-and-service/ebay-standard-envelope

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@oldsailor1955 

You must add eBay Standard Envelope when you create the listing. Both coin auctions currently have bids, so I'm not sure if you can successfully add that feature at this point. It might still be possible. eBay Standard Envelope can only be used if your auction does not exceed $20.  Since the current value of an ounce of silver is over that, this may be a moot point for your two silver coin listings, but you could use it for lesser coins.

To ship a coin:

After placing your coin in a flexible sleeve, tape it to the middle of the soft and flexible card stock, as shown below. Multiple coins are spaced out to allow flexibility.

Notice that the file folder material I have chosen is cut to the full size of the envelope. This provides the coins with a shoehorn leading edge to enter the sorting equipment, and the gentle bulge in the middle will easily glide through the equipment.

Shipping - eBay standard envelopeShipping - eBay standard envelope

Test your envelope for flexibility because it must negotiate the USPS automated sorting machinery.  See all the spindles, belts and corners (below)? The white blur at the lower left is an envelope shooting around the reader/printer bend, while there are other flippers to route envelopes onto different tracks within the sorting machine. Anything that can't handle the pathways  or corners will be kicked out as non-machinable.

Shipping - USPS high speed sortingShipping - USPS high speed sorting

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply