cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer provided wrong address

A buyer messaged me saying that the package I sent to them 2 days ago is being sent to the wrong address. I don't know if it is an old address or a typo but they want to know how to fix it. 

The package is set to arrive tomorrow evening. Is it possible to intercept a package before it is delivered to the wrong house or do we just have to wait until it is possibly returned to me and reship it to the buyer? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Buyer provided wrong address

If you sent it to the address provided, it is the buyers problem.   You aren't expected to read minds or be clairvoyant yet.  Ebay does like to change policies and always favors buyers when they do.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@amandrodrigue_76 wrote:

A buyer messaged me saying that the package I sent to them 2 days ago is being sent to the wrong address. I don't know if it is an old address or a typo but they want to know how to fix it.  

Tell them to get over to their post office and set up a forwarding order from their old address to their new address, pronto.

Your only obligation is to ship to the address you received with the PayPal payment.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@amandrodrigue_76 wrote:

Tell them to get over to their post office and set up a forwarding order from their old address to their new address, pronto.

Your only obligation is to ship to the address you received with the PayPal payment.

Doing that at the Post Office is a very delayed process. The form is mailed off, and then processed. Can be quite a delay.

A forwarding order can be submitted online. It is faster, but getting it updated by tomorrow may not happen.

Possibly a phone call by the OP's PO to the old PO could help to stop the package from being delivered to the new resident. That would depend uponthe size of the offices as to it even happening. Big one would just say "we can not do that". Smaller may work with you.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The office making the delivery may know that the buyer is no longer at the address, and so a RTS.

A package intercept is like $12, if it actually gets intercepted. Does not always work.

Nice to try to help the buyer, and avoid an issue, but as other posted. Buyer's fault.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It is the buyer's issue to deal with, & great that you wish to provide help to this buyer.

People should realize that their mistakes can often result in consequences and should really depend on themselves to deal with their problems.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I wouldn't do anything. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply