cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer paid Incorrect address...wants item shipped to different address...will not respond

Buyer paid for an item with Buy It Now.

He sent a message that the address was incorrect. He said it was a family members address.

He requested that I send it to him at a different address.

I sent 3 messages to him telling him that I could only send it to the address that Ebay/

PayPal has because of the Seller Protection.

I asked him if he wanted me to send the item to the PayPal address or if he wanted me to

cancel and refund. He has not answered my messages.

What should I do? I am supposed to ship tomorrow. If I cancel without his permission,

can he leave me negative feedback. Or can I get a defect?  What is the best thing to

do if he just does not get back with me.

Denise

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buyer paid Incorrect address...wants item shipped to different address...will not respond

You can cancel it using "Problem with buyer's address".  I think only OOS cancellations would allow feedback but I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't worry about it anyway.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Buyer paid Incorrect address...wants item shipped to different address...will not respond

I will send items to a different address upon buyer request assuming the item isn't too expensive.   I couldn't even begin to guess how many times I've done this for buyers over the years, and not once has a buyer attempted to scam me that way.   JMO of course.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I recently had an issue with ebay changing my address back to an old one with a few orders.  I simply emailed one of the sellers asking them to ship to the new address, and explained the issue.  The new address is just 2 towns over.  It's your call to cancel, or to ship.  They chose to ship, but I know they were well within their rights not to.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply